Honored Contributor

Constant calls from Pharmacy to pick up a Rx; is this something new?

I picked up 6 Rx's on Monday. Today, a person from the Pharmacy left a message saying I had to call them immediately about a Rx waiting for my husband (wrong, it was for my son they soon discovered). So, I did, know there shouldn't be one for him. However, there SHOULD be one for my son because I told them on Monday, I would pick it up on Friday (budgest's gotta budget, you know?). 

I find out that, oh, you're right Ma'am, it's for your son (read the name backwards) and it says here you'll pick it up Friday.

"Great", I say...."So WHY did you call me just now and WHY ARE THERE 10 OTHER CALLS TO PICK IT UP STARTING MONDAY NIGHT?"

Silence. He apologized, said it shouldn't have happened. I thanked him but still "WHY?" I asked him. He had no idea.

My pissiness is because this is something that I (and friends and family) have noticed started happening this past year. We tell them we'll be in such and such a day because sometimes you can't get in there that day (sick, away from home, traffic, work, no money for the co-pay, etc). and then show up on that day. No problem. Now, it's constant calling.  I kept all the calls just in case he didn't believe me. I suspect they have it an automatic setting but geez... enough.

Yes, I know... First World Problems. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Constant calls from Pharmacy to pick up a Rx; is this something new?

I had a similar problem with CVS.  I quit using CVS because I could not stand them bothering me all the time.  I don’t have that problem with WalMart - and it is much cheaper.  Glad I switched.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I understand your frustration.  But, on behalf of those of us in customer service, while you obviously know your intentions and daily schedule, us strangers find it difficult to keep track of everyone especially when we are servicing a lot of customers which I'm sure your pharmacy is. 

I am sure every single one of those calls was meant to be of service to you to make sure they communicated with you in a prompt and timely fashion.  If you're not ready, just delete the reminder and keep to your schedule.  It's a lot better than upsetting someone who is just trying to help you.      

Occasional Contributor

If you would like to stop calls - you need to tell the Pharmacy to uncheck the service from all your famillys Rx.  You can also uncheck the box online under your account its not hard tell them to be removed from phone notification.  Many people dont know you can remove it simply by requesting it.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if you are using a chain or a small business.  My mom uses a small discount business and they maintain only small amounts of some medications on site.  They will call when it is time to refill (so they can order) and then want you to come and pick up as soon as possible.  Their money is tied up in that inventory and they are looking to turn it over so they can get paid.  It takes so long to get reimbursed these days, some places seem to be pushing customers to pick things up so they can start the process.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Sorry, I don't buy it. This pharmacy knows me very well because of the meds they have had to order for my son and the sheer volume of drugs I purchase for said son. If, in 7 years, I have never NOT picked up the meds and if you hand write that the person will be in... it's not difficult to figure out I'm going to pick it up especially if my son needs it to survive. They can code it so no calls are made, 1 call is made, etc. 

In the end, if you tolerate something, it will only continue. Let's not forget I have to PAY for each of these calls to my cell phone.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiMeStoRe-DiVa  Exactly! The pharmacist had no idea this could be done. Amazing how I knew his system better than he did, lol.

In any event, it's done.  Hope it stays that way... who needs more ****** in their daily life, you know? 

Esteemed Contributor

I have that issue with CVS.  I asked them about it a year ago and they told me I had to call some 800 number to get myself removed.  I lost the number and got so annoyed that I'm now in the process of moving my prescriptions to another pharmacy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I got an e mail from Walgreens that my Rx was ready to be filled - then another, and another  on & on. I finally got sick & tired of it so I sent them an e mail telling them I had 60 pills and it did not need filled. The next day I get an e mail to pick up my Rx that had been filled. I decided to just erase their e mails and ignore them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Laura14  Sorry, I don't buy it. This pharmacy knows me very well because of the meds they have had to order for my son and the sheer volume of drugs I purchase for said son. If, in 7 years, I have never NOT picked up the meds and if you hand write that the person will be in... it's not difficult to figure out I'm going to pick it up especially if my son needs it to survive. They can code it so no calls are made, 1 call is made, etc. 

In the end, if you tolerate something, it will only continue. Let's not forget I have to PAY for each of these calls to my cell phone.......

@SahmIam  You have an unusual phone plan.  My suggestion would be to have them just not call you at all and do your own thing since it's obviously so important to you.  You may have been a customer for 7 years but maybe the employees have not been there as long as that?  

Just a different perspective to keep in mind.  I think they like most people are really just trying to service you and get you what you need as quick as possible.