Honored Contributor

Re: Constant calls from Pharmacy to pick up a Rx; is this something new?

Try Costco Pharm.  They only call you once if you haven't picked up a prescription that has been sitting there almost of week waiting.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've experienced this at times. When I metnioned it to the pharmacist she said that they have no control over the automatede calling reminders. Now, depending on what pharmacy you use and the pharmacist that you ask, they will tell you that you have 10-14 days to pick up your prescription. I'm assuming there is a regulation pertaining to the number of days,. Some pharmacies do not get a drug shipment in daily so this might enter into the "mix".  It's just seems to be more fact checking placed on the customer. My pharmacy gives a four digit prescription code so I can at least check the number. I will get reminder calls and texts two days after I've picked up my prescritpions.  As long as I can verify what is where then I can work with the system. It is no less annoying. I hate making multiple trips or wasted trips.  

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@DiMeStoRe-DiVa  Exactly! The pharmacist had no idea this could be done. Amazing how I knew his system better than he did, lol.

In any event, it's done.  Hope it stays that way... who needs more ****** in their daily life, you know? 

@SahmIam If this was me I would change pharmacys. If you knew his system better than he did, how well does he do his job? And you would not get the upsetting phone calls.

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago, I had a similar incident ... it was email from Walgreen's to pick up a prescription.  I ignored the first one and a few days later another one turned up in my inbox.

I rarely fill prescriptions at Walgreens unless it's something I need quickly. I get my meds fthrough Express Scripts.  And ... this Walgreens that was emailing me was way out on Long Island ... probably 50 miles from where I live.

I took the email to the local Walgreens ... it seems they mixed me up with a person with the same name who happens to live on Long Island.  Just a human error ... the kind that we all make.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Laura14  Sorry, I don't buy it. This pharmacy knows me very well because of the meds they have had to order for my son and the sheer volume of drugs I purchase for said son. If, in 7 years, I have never NOT picked up the meds and if you hand write that the person will be in... it's not difficult to figure out I'm going to pick it up especially if my son needs it to survive. They can code it so no calls are made, 1 call is made, etc. 

In the end, if you tolerate something, it will only continue. Let's not forget I have to PAY for each of these calls to my cell phone.......

@SahmIam  You have an unusual phone plan.  My suggestion would be to have them just not call you at all and do your own thing since it's obviously so important to you.  You may have been a customer for 7 years but maybe the employees have not been there as long as that?  

Just a different perspective to keep in mind.  I think they like most people are really just trying to service you and get you what you need as quick as possible.       

@Laura14 No, not really, but thanks. As for a differnt perspective, I don't believe I asked for one....

Honored Contributor

I use a small, local pharmacy.    Quit CVS many years ago.

I never have to wait in line & I know the pharmacist & his family personally.

Less stress.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@DiMeStoRe-DiVa  Exactly! The pharmacist had no idea this could be done. Amazing how I knew his system better than he did, lol.

In any event, it's done.  Hope it stays that way... who needs more ****** in their daily life, you know? 

@SahmIam If this was me I would change pharmacys. If you knew his system better than he did, how well does he do his job? And you would not get the upsetting phone calls.

@proudlyfromNJ  Really? Passive aggressive much? That isn't what I said (knowing his job better) and interesting how others got the point. Thanks so much for playing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Laura14  Sorry, I don't buy it. This pharmacy knows me very well because of the meds they have had to order for my son and the sheer volume of drugs I purchase for said son. If, in 7 years, I have never NOT picked up the meds and if you hand write that the person will be in... it's not difficult to figure out I'm going to pick it up especially if my son needs it to survive. They can code it so no calls are made, 1 call is made, etc. 

In the end, if you tolerate something, it will only continue. Let's not forget I have to PAY for each of these calls to my cell phone.......

@SahmIam  You have an unusual phone plan.  My suggestion would be to have them just not call you at all and do your own thing since it's obviously so important to you.  You may have been a customer for 7 years but maybe the employees have not been there as long as that?  

Just a different perspective to keep in mind.  I think they like most people are really just trying to service you and get you what you need as quick as possible.       

@Laura14 No, not really, but thanks. As for a differnt perspective, I don't believe I asked for one....

@SahmIam  This was not nice and you know that.  My final word on this is just to really reconsider doing to others what you just did to me.  Being nasty for no reason.    Most people are really trying to be nice and helpful like I was.  

I sincerely doubt your pharmacy had a meeting and discussed what they could do to make your life uncomfortable this week although I certainly understand the temptation to do so now.   

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for commenting because it has become argumentative