Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

DD has a lot of FB real life friends, many spread out around the country.  From what I've seen, most of the females (and some of the men) post pix of themselves fairly often.  Not the boobs-out kind, just a photo, sometimes in an interesting place or with a new outfit.

I've always seen it as just a personalized way of saying hello.   I don't think there is much of a motivation, it's just common practice for a lot of people on FB.

A "BOOBS OUT" photo can be a pretty personalized way of saying hello.

Cat Tongue

@QueenDanceALot

For sure.  I'm glad her friends aren't the boobs-out crowd Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

DD has a lot of FB real life friends, many spread out around the country.  From what I've seen, most of the females (and some of the men) post pix of themselves fairly often.  Not the boobs-out kind, just a photo, sometimes in an interesting place or with a new outfit.

I've always seen it as just a personalized way of saying hello.   I don't think there is much of a motivation, it's just common practice for a lot of people on FB.

A "BOOBS OUT" photo can be a pretty personalized way of saying hello.

Cat Tongue

@QueenDanceALot

For sure.  I'm glad her friends aren't the boobs-out crowd Woman LOL

I'll bet!!!

If I had a daughter who did that I'd probably lock her up until she was 40.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

If Selfies are good with these guys,

I'm on board with it, as well.

IMG_0079.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I post photos others have taken of me, family groups, etc. These might get posted 1-2 every one or two months. I have tried, and I just don't have the knack of taking decent selfies with my phone. And I have no interest in buying a selfie stick.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I post photos others have taken of me, family groups, etc. These might get posted 1-2 every one or two months. I have tried, and I just don't have the knack of taking decent selfies with my phone. And I have no interest in buying a selfie stick.

@Moonchilde

I've never taken a selfie, either. 

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

OH brother LOL. I wasnt expecting to see all the negativity @Moonchilde.....or maybe I was. LOL Anyway Im sure we both know we could find 100 articles with varying or even opposing viewpoints and we dont take them as "Gospel truths" either. As I do not know your friend, none of us do is only an insight, nothing more, nothing less. LOL  I could post 10 articles and would be too exhausting as I know you could do same. Now the interviews I did? Interesting and privately done and my friends know I am a truth seeker.....but is only their truths, noone elses. I know what I do when someone posts mopre selfies then I care to view....I dont click the "like" and I dont comment anymore. Sometimes I have even leseened their feed so to speak. Hey good luck with your friend, I know what you meant and was nothing negative.......opinions are like back ends arent they? Everybody has one. 

PS Was the first article that popped up under relevant of topic. I think it hit on some good points (warnings if you will) I think some of us has seen the ramifications of a TMI selfie....and the aftermath. Now those over 50? Am not quite sure but will try to find an article. Some of my friends fit under the article, others not so much. Pointing out those reasons can be not all roses and unicorns is relevant I think LOL. Sometimes I wonder if some internalize everything and I at least know "everything isnt about ME" LOL  

Oh, I was expecting it ;-( It's the way things go on these forums. You could post that you rescued a baby bunny from freezing to death and some people would find negative things to say not about the bunny, but about the rescuer. Comes with posting here.

Yes, I have stopped Liking the multiple photos, or commenting on them. There's another one today, with artfully windblown hair ;-)

Frequent Contributor

I would guess this "selfy" taker is very insecure and perhaps lives alone. Boredom causes some to do odd things. JMO

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Honored Contributor

@Golden_Oldie wrote:

I would guess this "selfy" taker is very insecure and perhaps lives alone. Boredom causes some to do odd things. JMO

She is single, employed, with a teenage daughter, in a relationship that hasn't progressed an inch in at least 5-6 years. She has seemed to be happy and fulfilled from what I can "see" on FB. Maybe she does it in part for her daughter, to seem "with it." I don't know.

Respected Contributor

Re: Constant Selfies

[ Edited ]

Moonchilde wrote:

I have a FB friend (who I don't know "in person")

I did not read all the replies.  I don't understand this OP at all.  Why would you be critical of a FB friend that you don't even know in person?  I can't even figure out WHY you would be a FB friend to someone that you don't know. I'm totally confused.  I know all my facebook friends.  If the stuff they post annoys me, I just "unfollow" them, but we still remain FB friends.  I just don't constantly see their posts.  If I want to know what they are up to, I go to their timeline.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I have a FB friend (who I don't know "in person")

I did not read all the replies.  I don't understand this OP at all.  Why would you be critical of a FB friend that you don't even know in person?  I can't even figure out WHY you would be a FB friend to someone that you don't know. I'm totally confused.  I know all my facebook friends.  If the stuff they post annoys me, I just "unfollow" them, but we still remain FB friends.  I just don't constantly see their posts.  If I want to know what they are up to, I go to their timeline.

I don't understand this post at all. Why would you be critical of a stranger on an internet forum you don't even know in person? I can't even figure out WHY you would post and not contribute to the original question, after announcing you didn't bother reading the thread.  I'm totally confused.