Contributor

Re: Congratulations to Barry Manilow on his marriage.

He is a private man and I respect that about him. Was reading about how he doesn't even share the names of his pets with his fans. Congratulations to them.

Trusted Contributor

I am happy for him but I didn't know he was gay?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm happy for them. Barry is a wonderful entertainer and I have admired him for many, many years.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

On 4/9/2015 isaboo said:

I am happy for him but I didn't know he was gay?

many didn't know liberace was gay either. i learned that while watching the liberace movie on hbo. fantastic movie with michael douglas playing him.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

it stinks having to live in secret for so many years. i'm happy that things have changed but there's still a very long way to go.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

I love my pets.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's neat when couples who have been together for a long time finally marry.

Honored Contributor

I read the same thing, no papers were signed.

Esteemed Contributor

A marriage is not a marriage legally until the papers are brought to the county court house signed and filed even if THE POPE OR GOD PERFORMED THE CEREMONY. It might be a marriage for the family to witness in church or what ever religious atmosphere, but until the paper are signed, witnessed and filed, it,s just a ceremony. I have officiated fifty five weddings and personally delivered the papers to the courthouse,so not lost in the mail. Congrats to Barry and Garry, legal or not. He has always been a favorite singer of mine. I always suspected he was gay, didn,t matter. A lot of gay very handsome stars who get married to cover it up for their career. They are still in the closet,though it is very accepted today. A lot of beautiful stars are lesbians, but married also to cover it up. Back in the day the shocker was ROCK HUDSON. You would have to be very naive today to not recognize or realize someone who has an alternative lifestyle.
Honored Contributor

Barry has given much happiness to so many people with his music, myself included. To me a couple is a couple is a couple regardless of their gender, internally and/or externally.
hckynut(john)