Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations Mary Beth!!!!!

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Why "should" it been done in private? 

@LizzieInSRQ

Well, maybe because it's a personal family matter .... NOT the business of a bunch of strangers watching in the middle a sales presentation?     Just not sure it was really appropriate ...... but heck with professionalism, right?  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ

Well, maybe because it's a personal family matter .... NOT the business of a bunch of strangers watching in the middle a sales presentation?     Just not sure it was really appropriate ...... but heck with professionalism, right?  JMO.

Professionalism on QVC? Have you listened or looked at some of the hosts lately? Some have parts of their bodies hanging out at times. Why tell other people how they should live their lives? JMO.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ

Professionalism on QVC? Have you listened or looked at some of the hosts lately? Some have parts of their bodies hanging out at times. Why tell other people how they should live their lives? JMO.

I was posting my opinion --- "JMO" --- not telling people how to live their lives.  

I just don't think it was professional for a host's son to call in and "hijack" the QVC sales presentation.   Maybe you think that's okay, but I don't.   I wonder what QVC management thought of her son's stunt.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

cats01 ~ If you had taken the time to LISTEN and PAY ATTENTION you would have heard Eric tell his mom that "Dad is here with us." Stop being so judgemental. If you can't say something nice about the happiness in the Rowe family, get off the blog! They deserve a day of celebration. Perhaps you need to get up and start your day over again.

it was such a SWEET announcement.......and the happiness, love, and tears on mary beths face were so wonderful to see. may the entire family enjoy this new chapter in their lives.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ

I was posting my opinion --- "JMO" --- not telling people how to live their lives.  

I just don't think it was professional for a host's son to call in and "hijack" the QVC sales presentation.   Maybe you think that's okay, but I don't.   I wonder what QVC management thought of her son's stunt.

LOL. The whole thing was staged! Yes, I think it's ok. Bottom line is money. Sales. JMO. Hope you can recover from this terrible hijacking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ

Obviously they were okay with it, because it was staged!

Esteemed Contributor

So happy for Mary Beth. The announcement was a little odd but the son is a politician so he uses all resources. I am not a fan but it was nice of a Kirsten to come out with her as her being alone would of been awkward. But oh that nugget of "Tupperware "!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I'm glad dad was there.  At least that question was answered.  This has nothing to do with the happiness in the Rowe family.  I wish all of them the best.  Yes it is a new and awsome chapter in all of their lives.

However, that still doesn't assuage me.  Wait until Mary Beth (mom) comes home and then give her the surprise and good news.  Why do it in a phone call to a TV shopping channel.  It that's "how things are done today", I believe we've lost a great deal of tradition.

As far as "getting off the blog" is concerned, that's a decision that I make unless I get "poofed" by the QVC Moderator.

Respected Contributor

I think it was a cute moment.

Might not be what I would choose, but it works for them.

I remember watching her before the kids.

We watched them play with toys on the shows and also model clothing.

They grew up with her being on QVC, so why not?

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

I'm glad dad was there.  At least that question was answered.  This has nothing to do with the happiness in the Rowe family.  I wish all of them the best.  Yes it is a new and awsome chapter in all of their lives.

However, that still doesn't assuage me.  Wait until Mary Beth (mom) comes home and then give her the surprise and good news.  Why do it in a phone call to a TV shopping channel.  It that's "how things are done today", I believe we've lost a great deal of tradition.

As far as "getting off the blog" is concerned, that's a decision that I make unless I get "poofed" by the QVC Moderator.

Since you are determined to not let this GO, I'll just interject that MaryBeth has shared everything about her family on QVC for years.   The births of her kids, weddings, you name it.   This is just another "family event" that is being shared.    Good grief.