Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

@Somertime 

I agree..

Always a true gentlemanand!Heart

So gracious of Bob tell Angela..he wanted her seated my him and in one of his gowns...wow!Smiley WinkHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty 

I remember Bob also dressing Carol B.....that show with the curtain rod dress..still makes me laugh whenever i see it!

Also that red dress and her boobs....Smiley LOL

Bob knew exactly  how to dress Carol.....Heart

She had the best comedy show ever i think.....Brovo Carol ,  cast, and of course Bob  dressing her!HeartSmiley Wink

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@golding76   Goldie, this has been some wonderful week for wonderful Bob Mackie.  Last week he won Drama Desk award for costumes for The Cher Show and thern won the Geoffrey Beane Lifetime Achievement Award from CFDA and the cherry on top, a Tony!

Talk about a triple play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

He is such an amazing designer, think of the stories he could tell. Over the many years he has worked I'm sure he has met many famous people with some interesting lives.

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful award for a wonderful designer and gentleman!  Congratulations...am so happy for him!!

Trusted Contributor

@Somertime
Thank you so much for posting this photo of our Q model Kate. Wow! She looks FANTASTIC in that Mackie gown. What a beautiful couture design. Congratulations all around!
Bob Mackie said he is 80 years old in his speech...and this is his first Tony. Viva Bob Mackie! Such a great and well-deserved honor, at any age. He is so gracious.
Trusted Contributor

@golding76
I will say it again...I love your enthusiasm and general happiness for someone else's success. What a truly lovely person you must be!
And I have the great fortune to be able to read and debate with @dooBdoo on many threads, including "books" and "Project Runway," and I know she is over the moon and thrilled for Bob Mackie too!
The world needs more genuine kindness. Thank you BOTH for such delightful posts! I hope Mr. Mackie feels all your love! ❤❤
Honored Contributor

I’m so happy for him.