Respected Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

Yay!!  Love Corden, too!

Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

Mackie seems like such a gentleman and has had a stellar career in several mediums over so many years. Nice to see him win this award to add to what one feels sure is quite a collection of well-deserved accolades.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

this is great news!  he is so deserving.  he is an icon, a very talented designer who has given us decades of memorial costumes.

of course he has done a multitude of high fashion.  but two of his creations make me laugh

one is the outfit for carol burnett as she descend the staircase in "went with the wind".  the curtain rod on her shoulders.  the outfit she "saw  in the window and had to have it! " lol.  i have never, ever to this day laughed so hard as that night.  the tears, I could not stop.

the other outfit was in carol burnett show as well.  carol played an aging Cher in a red sequin two piece pantsuit.  the top had a halter stuffed with aging boobs down to her waist.  omg.  everyone fell apart when she entered stage.  they were te cleverest costumes ever.

Respected Contributor

@golding76   Goldie, on another thread, someone said they saw Louis' Kate sitting next to Joe and Bob Mackie!  I missed it.  Did you see it?  I'm going to ask Louis!

Anyone else see Kate sitting with Bob Mackie?

Honored Contributor

A great creative talent and a true gentleman...CONGRATS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, Bob.......what a class act he is!!

Respected Contributor

@golding76   Birdmama posted a picture of Kate, Joe and Bob Mackie!  She looks FABULOUS!  Way to go, Kate!

gettyimages-1154891704-2048x2048.jpg

Respected Contributor

@golding76   Goldie, Mrs. Angela posted that Kate had purchased a ticket for the Tony Awards on her own and when Bob Mackie found out that she did, he told her you are sitting with me and wearing one of my gowns!

The kindness of this man is wonderful!  He, truly, is amazing!  A true gentleman!

Respected Contributor

@Hippiified @golding76 @Somertime @Patriot3 @Spurt 

So pleased that he picked up this well deserved design award and I am happy that I own some of his clothes that I purchased here.  Quality in fabric, design, and at an excellent price point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so grateful that you QVC patrons are so media-savvy.  The KATE ADDITION is mind-bendingly wonderful.  Oh my.  Could all this get any better?  Absolutely not!

Some of you on this forum might know that I am an extreme Linea by Louis Dell'Olio buyer/fan and have been since about 2010 or thereabouts.  However, I have bought some gorgeous pieces (admittedly, not as much as my Linea) from Bob Mackie's line at QVC during this same period.  His is the line that I buy from the most after Linea.  

For those familiar with Bob's line, I picked up the navy and beige sets of the skirt with a surplice, long-sleeved top; they were from about five years ago.  Nicely cut and very flattering.  I also have a velvet set for evening wear in all colors offered:  sapphire blue, emerald green and a garnet shade.  Gorgeous!  Throw in an assortment of different tops, and you get an idea of my buying history with the Mackie line. 

Oddly enough, my first Bob Mackie item was a sweater that I bought from Ross in 1995 (approximately).  I still use it almost daily.  Honestly.  This sweater was kept in my classroom as my in-school sweater.  The faithful old thing is now the sweater hung on my computer chair.  I grab it whenever I feel a chill coming on.

WITH MODEL KATE ADDED TO THIS EVENT, I AM BEDAZZLED BY THE RICHNESS AND DEPTH OF PERSONALITY OF ALL INVOLVED.