Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

Wonderful  news !!!! Congratulations Mr. Mackie. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

CONGRATULATIONS to fashion icon Bob Mackie!

Everybody in the QVC community is so pleased and proud!

I love all my Bob Mackie designs.

No one is more deserving!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They just finished showing "Believe" from The Cher Show.  Not only were there the three Chers singing (different periods of her life) and in costumes representative of their respective time in Cher's life, but others wearing additional fabulous creations designed by Bob Mackie for the show strutted about and sang.

When the performance concluded, the camera went to the audience and caught Bob Mackie clapping.  Hurrah!  I saw  Bob live

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Cher Shares Emotional Reaction to Costume Designer Bob Mackie's Tony Win for 'The Cher Show'

By 7:08 PM PDT, June 9, 2019

Cher and Bob Mackie
Bruce Glikas/FilmMagic

Legendary costumer and fashion designer Bob Mackie took home his first Tony Award on Sunday for his work on The Cher Show, and the show's eponymous diva couldn't contain her excitement.

The legendary entertainer took to Twitter to commemorate Mackie's triumph, sharing a series of posts praising her friend and celebrating his big night.

"BOB, YOU DID IT!" Cher tweeted, replying to a tweet sharing a screenshot from Mackie's acceptance speech. "MY ❤️CANT TAKE THIS," She added. "NO ON IS BETTER THAN BOB MACKIE,& IM LIVING PROOF."

235 people are talking about this

242 people are talking about this

Embedded video
Cher

@cher

MY ❤️CANT TAKE THIS‼️
NO ON IS BETTER THAN BOB MACKIE,& IM LIVING PROOF

Honored Contributor

Just enjoyed seeing Bob clapping delightedly in the audience again!

The Best Leading Actress Award for a Musical went to Stephanie J. Block, who played one of the Chers.  As Ms. Block thanked everyone who helped her achieve this lofty award, she thanked God and then "the goddess Cher."   At that moment, the camera went to Bob Mackie, who took extreme delight at that comment about the goddess Cher.  I'm certain that is why the camera found him.  Who else knows Cher so well as Mr. Mackie.

So marvelous watching him on a joyful evening. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations Bob Mackie!!!  I love watching him and was so happy to see that he won!  I can't wait to see The Cher Show!

I met him about 10 years ago at the end of a Q studio audience Bob Mackie show.  He was so nice greeting each one of us and gave everyone in the audience one of his scarves!

Respected Contributor

@golding76   Stephanie Block thanked Bob Mackie as well!  A very happy evening for him!

I loved the Tonys, it's, always, a good show and I like James Corden very much, I think he is very talented and he has such a good time.  I think he's very clever, I have enjoyed Neil Patrick Harris as well.  Did you see Neil Patrick Harris as a surprise when they were singing in the bathroom?  So clever!!!

Trusted Contributor

@golding76
@dooBdoo
I love the enthusiasm and the joy in your posts! And I especially love Mr. Mackie's polka-dotted bow tie! He looks fantastic. An absolute icon. Congratulations to him, and I love Cher for giving him full credit for creating her look. What a night! 💃👗❤
Honored Contributor

Somertime,

A big oops on my part by forgetting to mention that Stephanie Block thanked Bob Mackie in her list of gratitude.   That was important.  

Like you, I really like and enjoy James Corden.  He is a refreshing delight.

I missed Neil Patrick Harris.  (I may have been away from the TV, getting some sweet vermouth at that moment.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GoinBacktoCali,

Thank you for your sweet words.  I guess dooBdoo and I are really overjoyed by all this.  So nice to have a nice person win. 

Heaven knows, I've been a Cher fan for decades.  Saw her first "final tour" in 2005 (if I remember correctly).