Honored Contributor

Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

[ Edited ]

Here's his acceptance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv0FjGppFj0

Thank you so much, dooBdoo, for breaking the news.  

This is dooBdoo's scoop, to be fair.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won a Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

@golding76 

I am so happy for him! You must be over the moon...

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won a Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

I am, Beth.  You know I am tickled pink.

He is so adorable.

QVC should celebrate with a champagne lunch for him.

Respected Contributor

What a classy gentleman.  He sure doesn’t look 80!

Thanks @golding76 for posting the link to his acceptance speech, as I wasn’t watching the show.

Honored Contributor

I am thrilled for Mr. Mackie! So well-deserved and there couldn’t be a more perfect musical to win with!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to the winner of the 2019 Tony Award

for Best Costume Design of a Musical:

@BobMackie for @TheCherShow #TonyAwards

5D5233B4-9B3A-484E-9C6F-1E30ED52F10E.jpeg

You are so thoughtful. @golding76.❤️   It’s not my scoop...  it’s everyone’s scoop and celebration!

So happy for our QVC star ⭐️Bob Mackie⭐️!❤️❤️❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

I am so THRILLED for him!  What a talent and what a very nice human being!  He's adorable with a wicked sense of humor.

So well deserved!  QVC's ONLY Tony Award winning designer!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations, Bob Mackie! He Won the Tony for the 'Best Costume Design of a Musical'

Great news and an award well deserved! Congrats to Mr. Mackie!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

A true gentleman and well deserved!  Thanks for the noticeHeart

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations to Mr. Mackie! We have been so fortunate to have his designs here — a true designer in every sense.  I saw The Cher Show and the tribute to him was fantastic. Obviously, Cher loved the clothes he designed for her.