Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confused about Bobbi Kristina Brown

Yes I too just read via People on facebook that she was doing heroin, xanax, drinking etc.

Don't know what to believe anymore. So many varying stories.

Continued prayers for her and her family.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

As I posted before, it's no secret that she has abused drugs for many years.

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 AnikaBrodie said:

It's been three weeks today since BK was hospitalized. I know this is a difficult decision for the family but wonder why her dad won't allow her to die with dignity. Is he in denial?

Well, IF they took her off the ventilator and she is breathing on her own, you really can't blame her father, in my opinion.

IF she could not breathe on her own and was determined as brain dead, then letting her go is the right decision.

She is hovering in a really difficult position. There needs to be more time to see progress or LACK of progress now. At least, from what the public is being told. I think the family has every right to decide how much info to give.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

As a parent, you only want the best for your children. We have no idea what Bobby Brown is feeling. That in itself is making his decisions.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

According to TMZ, Nick G., BK's boyfriend, has been on Twitter asking to see her and saying that she'll wake up if she hears his voice.
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad} I just think this is so very sad about Bobbi Kristina. I loved Whitney's music so much and thought she was so incredibly talented. It is just so tragic what has happened to her daughter.

I saw earlier today that Nick Gordon has gotten a tattoo on his forearm with Bobbi's name in huge letters. I don't know what to make of this. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I'm not sure whether to think this is sweet or strange.

Super Contributor

On 2/20/2015 graycatsrule said: There are so many conflicting stories out there. It's not an easy topic, but this situation should be a wake up call to get a medical power of attorney in place.

Yes. Maybe it will open discussion with many people about having a medical POA, and also to have a will. So many people die without wills.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 wildcat fan said: I'd describe the BK threads as concerned, informative, and curious, but not ghoulish.

ITA. It's still a topic in the news and appears in online news sources. Many people admired her mother's music and feel sad that this has happened to this young lady.

Describing the thread and interest as ghoulish is just a stretch. Some people are far too dramatic and use words like to describe things that don't apply in some situations.

Contributor

On 2/21/2015 terrier3 said:

Any nurses out there?

When the time came and my family members were considered to be terminal - the hospital (NY) set the amount of time they could remain there - based on diagnosis.

They couldn't stay a day longer - no matter how much we would have paid.

The nurse in charge of "utilization review" said that insurance will only pay for a certain number of days (as per the diagnosis) and then they have to leave. This is to keep the hospital's efficiency up (necessary for their insurance reimbursement).

My mother actually died in the ambulance on the way to the hospice facility - she lived longer with terminal kidney failure than they allowed!!!! She had been moved from ICU to the hospice floor of the hospital...but they wouldn't let her stay there either...she got the boot.

Is this true in other states? Do all states have utilization review boards that specify the number of days that a patient can be hospitalized?

ACTUALLY - yes, they do try to make you move patients but the fact of it is - you have the right to refuse. You have every right to say , No , I need more time to find a facility I am happy with. And there is nothing they can do. You would have to pay for their care from their estate, if the insurance refuses but , it's a fact, you can say no.

Honored Contributor

here is a take on all of this from one of my favorite bloggers......tamara tattles.....she does quite a lot of updates.

http://tamaratattles.com/2015/02/22/bobbi-kristina-update-february-22-2015/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein