Trusted Contributor

Re: Confused about Amy Roloff's age....53 or 55?

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sue98 wrote:

I was nearly positive she turned 53 this past September. I just watched the episode where her boyfriend had a birthday party for her, and they kept talking about it being her 55th birthday.   Is she 53 or 55?

@Sue98

No idea who she is or what she does, and don't care, but why not just google for quick answers?   Every now and then you'll see someone here who wants people to spoon feed them information instead of just looking it up themselves.   It tends to invite snarky replies.  JMO

@Tinkrbl44  I wonder also why people don't just google, I google many times every day, lol, and thank goodness for google.  I once saw a post, "google is your friend," and it certainly is mine.

I guess I should make myself clear to those who don't understand my posting a question so easily answered by google!  I DID google her age, so shame on me for asking a question that I can (and did) get answered on google!

If I must explain myself again I will.  Perhaps I should have asked if anyone else noticed that the show indicated they were celebrating Amy's 55th birthday when in fact, I believe she turned 53!  

Silly question on a boring night....was just curious....wish I hadn't posted....and REALLY, REALLY wish we could just delete our posts!!!!

Google is my friend.  I shouldn't have asked such a silly question here on the boards!!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sue98 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sue98 wrote:

I was nearly positive she turned 53 this past September. I just watched the episode where her boyfriend had a birthday party for her, and they kept talking about it being her 55th birthday.   Is she 53 or 55?

@Sue98

No idea who she is or what she does, and don't care, but why not just google for quick answers?   Every now and then you'll see someone here who wants people to spoon feed them information instead of just looking it up themselves.   It tends to invite snarky replies.  JMO

@Tinkrbl44  I wonder also why people don't just google, I google many times every day, lol, and thank goodness for google.  I once saw a post, "google is your friend," and it certainly is mine.

I guess I should make myself clear to those who don't understand my posting a question so easily answered by google!  I DID google her age, so shame on me for asking a question that I can (and did) get answered on google!

If I must explain myself again I will.  Perhaps I should have asked if anyone else noticed that the show indicated they were celebrating Amy's 55th birthday when in fact, I believe she turned 53!  

Silly question on a boring night....was just curious....wish I hadn't posted....and REALLY, REALLY wish we could just delete our posts!!!!

Google is my friend.  I shouldn't have asked such a silly question here on the boards!!!!

@Sue98

If your thread was in TV and Movies it would've gotten less random snark. imo.

Posting in CommunityChat will get some pushback in and of itself. Just the way it is, not saying it's right or wrong.

Viewpoints was the same way .......posters knew threads posted there would hit rougher waters so they  chose other forums suited to the topic.

Honored Contributor

Some people sprinkle their snark wherever they go.

I’m sure we could all google many things before we post but sometimes it just a way to start a conversation. Certainly not snark worthy. 

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

The show is kind of a downer lately.  Amy is always b*tchy, her boyfirend is weird, the Matt and Caryn relationship is odd, the kids are adjusting to parenthood and seem frustrated, and last night the big pumpkin season kickoff didn't go as well as they had hoped.

@faeriemoon

I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head with your comment. I can't seem to stop myself from watching (LOL!), but, it has become a downer lately.  Amy is always so hateful toward Matt. He kinda showed his "hard to get along with side" on last week's episode - lots of tension I would imagine getting ready for opening day with pumpkin season. He always seems to wait until the last moment to make big changes on the farm! I guess that just gives more "drama" to the show. I know I am off topic on my comments here, so, to address the topic, Amy's birthday cake had "55" on it. For those who have said she is 53, maybe Chris was confused!!!Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

The show is kind of a downer lately.  Amy is always b*tchy, her boyfirend is weird, the Matt and Caryn relationship is odd, the kids are adjusting to parenthood and seem frustrated, and last night the big pumpkin season kickoff didn't go as well as they had hoped.

@faeriemoon

I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head with your comment. I can't seem to stop myself from watching (LOL!), but, it has become a downer lately.  Amy is always so hateful toward Matt. He kinda showed his "hard to get along with side" on last week's episode - lots of tension I would imagine getting ready for opening day with pumpkin season. He always seems to wait until the last moment to make big changes on the farm! I guess that just gives more "drama" to the show. I know I am off topic on my comments here, so, to address the topic, Amy's birthday cake had "55" on it. For those who have said she is 53, maybe Chris was confused!!!Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

@moon_gazer  He is confused, he should have googled also, lol.  She will turn 54 later this year.

Respected Contributor

The show should just go away.  I wish everyone in the family well, but it's time to pull the plug. 

Occasional Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

The show should just go away.  I wish everyone in the family well, but it's time to pull the plug. 

I agree with you @this is my nic!

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon

@moon_gazer  He is confused, he should have googled also, lol.  She will turn 54 later this year.

that's very suspect in my mind...perhaps he isn't really a true boyfriend of her's but rather they have a special understanding for the "show" ! LOL  On the other hand it took yrs for my spouse to remember my birthday....maybe it's a man thing LOL

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Some people sprinkle their snark wherever they go.

I’m sure we could all google many things before we post but sometimes it just a way to start a conversation. Certainly not snark worthy. 

@GenXmuse Exactly!  Sometimes asking a question here is like asking a friend. Of course we can google....  but it is nice to ask a PERSON OUT THERE and not Google.  It is just nice to converse.  For the posters that get upset about this.... just do not post for gosh sakes!  

Valued Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I think Amy seems unusually mean, too.  I've read on line (a few times) that there's a chance Matt had cheated on Amy during their marriage with Caryn.  I don't know if that's true, but I suppose it would explain Amy's attitude towards her and the situation.  It also states on line that Matt and Caryn have not broken up; that was just fake news.  Who knows what to believe?

-----------------

I watched part of the show last night....haven't been watching it lately. 

Don't think Amy is mean, but she is really bitter!!!  What ever her reasons are/were...she needs to get on with her life and stop grumbling about Matt on every issue.  

ITA! As long as Amy is getting the attention, she is all smiles and laughs. Why can't Matt have a girlfriend for a companion just like her? She seems very mean to him, and she is hopping all over the country on a motorcycle for goodness sake. She was so selfish to leave when the baby was right on target to come into the world, that I think was wrong. Do not like her at all. Matt enjoy being with Caryn. Just my opinion.           bamasec