Honored Contributor

Re: Confused about Amy Roloff's age....53 or 55?

The show is kind of a downer lately.  Amy is always b*tchy, her boyfirend is weird, the Matt and Caryn relationship is odd, the kids are adjusting to parenthood and seem frustrated, and last night the big pumpkin season kickoff didn't go as well as they had hoped.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

The show is kind of a downer lately.  Amy is always b*tchy, her boyfirend is weird, the Matt and Caryn relationship is odd, the kids are adjusting to parenthood and seem frustrated, and last night the big pumpkin season kickoff didn't go as well as they had hoped.

I admit I am one of those tune in one show and then check back maybe a season later to see what is going on LOL!  With that said when it was out in the beginning I used to just cringe at the way Amy treated her husband.  I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of that!  Didn't watch for several seasons...then heard they divorced.  Watched a few to catch up.  Your assessment of it now is spot on...she is still mean and wants him to have no one apparently while she who is in MUCH better health is running around with her new boyfriend.  And what is up with that guy? saw a show where he kept just disappearing for hours and not telling her what or where he was while on vacation somewhere??  

He probably couldn't take being around her that much and had to go somewhere to let off steam!  That's all I can figure from that one.  Haven't watched anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Amy seems unusually mean, too.  I've read on line (a few times) that there's a chance Matt had cheated on Amy during their marriage with Caryn.  I don't know if that's true, but I suppose it would explain Amy's attitude towards her and the situation.  

It also states on line that Matt and Caryn have not broken up; that was just fake news.  Who knows what to believe?

Honored Contributor

@Sue98....ignore those that only come to the boards to complain about questions, commets....etc....they enjoy being mean and irritable.

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

@Sissyrose - I enjoy watching the show and also don't like Amy's behavior toward Caryn - she says every time she sees Caryn, she thinks of her failed marriage to Matt....WHAT?!  She was all for the divorce and is always flaunting her relationship with Chris.  I think Matt has been very civil and open to Chris, why can't Amy be the same way toward Caryn?  She seems very selfish and stubborn.  On the positive side, I do enjoy seeing the boys as fathers now. 

@lOVETOSHOP  The question hovers, did Matt and Caryn begin a relationship during the marriage or after.  Apparently, Amy and Caryn were friends before, but something happened and Amy said she will never say it on camera, but I agree when I heard her say what you mentioned last night, I said to myself she has a relationship now so let go of whatever it is that is bothering her so much.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sue98 wrote:

I was nearly positive she turned 53 this past September. I just watched the episode where her boyfriend had a birthday party for her, and they kept talking about it being her 55th birthday.   Is she 53 or 55?

@Sue98

No idea who she is or what she does, and don't care, but why not just google for quick answers?   Every now and then you'll see someone here who wants people to spoon feed them information instead of just looking it up themselves.   It tends to invite snarky replies.  JMO

@Tinkrbl44  I wonder also why people don't just google, I google many times every day, lol, and thank goodness for google.  I once saw a post, "google is your friend," and it certainly is mine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

I think Amy seems unusually mean, too.  I've read on line (a few times) that there's a chance Matt had cheated on Amy during their marriage with Caryn.  I don't know if that's true, but I suppose it would explain Amy's attitude towards her and the situation.  It also states on line that Matt and Caryn have not broken up; that was just fake news.  Who knows what to believe?

-----------------

I watched part of the show last night....haven't been watching it lately. 

Don't think Amy is mean, but she is really bitter!!!  What ever her reasons are/were...she needs to get on with her life and stop grumbling about Matt on every issue.  

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon  LOL, you said it all in a nutshell.  Matt and his pirate ship, one of the big contentions in their marriage was the enormous expenses Matt would run up on his projects.  Maybe the ship will bring in income, but he should have made sure it was ready for the season.

Respected Contributor

I am not confused. I also have no idea who she is, so that helps. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I admit I am one of those tune in one show and then check back maybe a season later to see what is going on LOL!  With that said when it was out in the beginning I used to just cringe at the way Amy treated her husband.  I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of that!  Didn't watch for several seasons...then heard they divorced.  Watched a few to catch up.  Your assessment of it now is spot on...she is still mean and wants him to have no one apparently while she who is in MUCH better health is running around with her new boyfriend.  And what is up with that guy? saw a show where he kept just disappearing for hours and not telling her what or where he was while on vacation somewhere??  

He probably couldn't take being around her that much and had to go somewhere to let off steam!  That's all I can figure from that one.  Haven't watched anymore.

@tsavorite  I don't think Amy cares if Matt has a girlfriend, it is Caryn that bothers her due to the fact that they were once good friends.  I just read several articles that they did break up and that she no longer works on the farm, so maybe that will come out next season, if it is true.