Super Contributor

Conflicting Reports About Jericho The Lion - Alive??

[ Edited ]

There are now conflicting reports regarding Jericho the lion - although the Zimbabwe conservation group reports he was killed, the Oxford University group tracking Jericho says he is alive.  More details on www.buzzfeed.com, and I'm sure more information to follow.  Crossing fingers that Jericho is alive!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/the-lion-king-but-scar-is-a-good-guy#.edqXrb8vJ

Honored Contributor

Re: Conflicting Reports About Jericho The Lion - Alive??

MissRose, thank you for posting that.  I will be glad to hold out hope...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Frequent Contributor

My thoughts and prayers for Jericho to be alive.  As I said in another thread; these hunters / poachers must be stopped.   These beautiful lions need to be protected.

Respected Contributor

I just read on Yahoo that Jericho had been shot.  Apparently he had taken over the job of protecting Cecil's cubs.  The park issued a statement at 3:30 that no more lions, elephants and cheetas were to be shot.  At 4:00 they got a messagethat Jericho had been shot.  They say that the hunter escaped and they do not know how to reach him.  Well, what happened to the money he apparently paid??????? Seems to me that they should fire and even try all the "guides" there - maybe the jail is a good place for them to "guide". For me the right place for all these "hunters" is somewhere where they can't hunt anymore.

Your comment makes me wonder if now the park is trying to hide the fact that this has happened.  What a horrible, shameful mess!  I pray this is a piece of mistaken information and Jericho is still alive.

Trusted Contributor

I hope Zimbabwe is able to get the poaching situation under control, because it's a shame these endangered animals are being killed for sport and profit.  But there are many more serious issues facing the world at this moment.

Honored Contributor

@goodstuff wrote:

I hope Zimbabwe is able to get the poaching situation under control, because it's a shame these endangered animals are being killed for sport and profit.  But there are many more serious issues facing the world at this moment.

But this thread is about this problem. Your concluding sentence seems to be a subtle attempt at diminishing the horror of what happens to these majestic creatures in the name of sport or profit. And your sentence could be thrown into just about any serious crime or issue that we discuss here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

People can be concerned over many isssues at once. This particular issue is about Cecil brother being dead or alive. Stick to the topic or start a new thread.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

People can be concerned over many isssues at once. This particular issue is about Cecil brother being dead or alive. Stick to the topic or start a new thread.

It doesn't get easier than that to understand.

So if someone doesn't "get" that, I would think that someone is a troll.

Trusted Contributor

This story about Cecil and his brother is so sad and horrific.