Respected Contributor

Re: Computers Are Taking Over....

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree I agree with you there was no manual override. But if there's a new glitch which is permanently changing a price after an order has been placed, leaving the customer no proof of the correct price, it's not a $.22 error.

Am I supposed to take a screenshot every time I order something? Or keep a little purchases book?

I feel it's important to make WM take serious notice. I asked the rep to escalate the original issue, not the refund. She said she would by forwarding the recorded conversation to the appropriate department.

Both Walmart and QVC have good customer service.  Can you imagine if this happened on a website with an overseas call center?

Zero guilt here.

Respected Contributor

do you pay tax on clothes  that might be the difference between the 3.89 and 4.11

Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I would have taken the $10 certificate gladly!!!

@spent2much 

Me too, if it is a place I shop on a regular basis. But for us, WM is not one of them.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

I would have taken the $10 certificate gladly!!!

@spent2much   I would too but the point is about the 22 cents.  It is about WM getting the 22 cents that belonged to the customer.

Multiply these pennies times the number of returns WM handles.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

....and they're quite mischievous. I ordered a $15 vest from Walmart. For some reason, as soon as Fedex delivered, the price in my WM account changed to $19.11. I called WM customer service and explained what happened.

WM: I'm going to put you on hold. Please hang on.

WM: Our system will only allow us to refund $3.89.

Me:  I don't understand. The difference is $4.11.

WM: You are correct, but our system will only allow a $3.89 refund. Please hold on again.

WM: Since we have no other option, we'd like to offer you a $10 certificate with our apology.

Me:   I'd be OK with $4.11.

WM:  Sadly that's not possible.

Wait till they get really mad.

This sounds shady on Walmart's end. Whether it's 4 cents or 40 dollars, they need to fix the system that is cheating customers.