Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN After reading the posts, I see I'm in the minority here.  I love having company over, whether for the day or staying over for several days.  I enjoy having family and\or friends over and share my home with them.  

There will come a time when they are gone and I don't want any regrets.  My family enjoys playing host with our guests.  As we all know, life is short.  I feel I like to enjoy my time and space with them.  🏡💖

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

I personally am not a fan of company. My hubby and I have our own routines and having to tiptoe around the house in the morning doesn't work for us.

Do you know when he plans to visit? Either tell him you are not going to be home or you are just not up for company. I also would not go into a lot of explanation or other dates, certain people have a habit of wiggling around that and find many other dates to visit - ask me how I know this - lol.

Then give him a list of hotels and maybe meet him at a restaurant for dinner.Sometimes people have no boundaries and think its ok to use you as a hotel - they save money.

Valued Contributor
Maybe charge him a nightly rate since you live in a vacation area 😉 bet he won't come take advantage of you anymore!

I loved when my Mom would come a stay a few nights with us, she was so respectful to us. I couldn't wait for her to visit again.
Trusted Contributor

Remember when you say no to him, you say yes to you!