Honored Contributor

Re: Community Chat or Among Friends?

@World Traveler wrote:

What criteria do you use to determine if you will post your general comments on Among Friends or Community Chat?

I've been on the Among Friends threads more lately, but occasionally check out Community Chat. I can't tell the difference between the two. 

If you want to post something in general (not a specific QVC product that has its own forum), which one do you choose between these two and why?

Just curious. Smiley Happy

Oh, dear me! Maybe I should have posted this on Among Friends. ha!

I have found Among Friends and particularly one thread that seems to be more of a club.  I think that's the difference.  Community Chat is more versatile in what can be posted.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Don't be fooled by the title "Among Friends", don't believe everyone there is "your friend"!!!Smiley Happy

I've had experience with that from someone I thought was a friend and even had helped at one time.  With very few exceptions (subject matter) I stay away from that forum.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

Don't be fooled by the title "Among Friends", don't believe everyone there is "your friend"!!!Smiley Happy

I've had experience with that from someone I thought was a friend and even had helped at one time.  With very few exceptions (subject matter) I stay away from that forum.

Kind of like the saying "With friends like that, who needs enemies." LOL

Valued Contributor

I tend to stay away from Among Friends because so many of the threads have strong religious content.  We can't talk about important real life issues here because they may be controversial, but daily sermons and discussions of scripture (which I think can be controversial) is allowed in Among Friends.  I often wonder what would happen if a thread dedicated to Islamic teachings were to start in AF.

JMO and you asked.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

Trinity11 wrote:

LilacTree wrote:

hooty wrote:

Kind of like the saying "With friends like that, who needs enemies." LOL

True dat, @Trinity11!

I've had the same experience, @LilacTree.   It's certainly disillusioning and, I suppose, enlightening at the same time.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

ammiey wrote:

Good to know, I'm new hereWoman Happy

Welcome, @Retiredonthebeach!   I hope you enjoy reading and posting here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I post mostly in community chat!  But to me, both are nice forums.  It just depends on the subject and who you are posting with! 😗

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Whoa.....it also takes a friend to be one!  A real one that is!

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I do agree with @Hooty. There are some kind, honest, sincerely nice posters on these forums no matter where you post. There are also some that are very good at telling people what they want to hear and are not as pure and honest as they appear to be. I learned that the hard way. I tend to stay away from the cliques, the ooey, gooey, I love you threads, and the religious threads. To each his own. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I do agree with @Hooty. There are some kind, honest, sincerely nice posters on these forums no matter where you post. There are also some that are very good at telling people what they want to hear and are not as pure and honest as they appear to be. I learned that the hard way. I tend to stay away from the cliques, the ooey, gooey, I love you threads, and the religious threads. To each his own. 

Hi Catwhisperer!  I think all of us are different and enjoy many different threads and forums, but I would not put a forum down as to say some are " not your friends", because some may read this thread and get hurt feelings by comments here!  Also to say they are "in their own little club".  To me, those kind of comments are unnecessary and make you wonder why the " dig" in the first place!

Have a great day, Catwhisperer!