Esteemed Contributor

Yeah - those awful drug commercials, anything about CANCER, abused children, abused dogs, the ones that show children in 3rd world countries that touch ur heart (wrong place for it - and the money never reaches the children). Usually I grab my remote and MUTE them - I love my remote.

Respected Contributor

The commercial with the actress whispering and clinking her nails against the glass for the Michelobe beer is a new thing people are interested in.  People whispering and making delicate sounds with various things to get you to listen.  I think its supposed to relax and de-stress some people.

I agree about the turkey commercial.  I love that little guy, his little outfits and accessories.  I too love the Energizer Bunny.  I like when he shakes his little bunny tail and wiggles his eyebrows. 

Thanks for letting me know that commercial I hate is Amazon.  I'm not a fan of Amazon.  That's another thread entirely.  But seems like the few times I've ordered from them my credit card gets hacked or my computer goes awry. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mj12You won't feel so bad about being annoyed by them if you read the reports on them by Charity Watch and Charity Navigator.   CBS did a story on the investigations:   https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kars4kids-charity-misleads-donors-report/

Respected Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I mute the car commercial that features a female opera singer on the soundtrack.  I don't know what brand of car is being promoted. 

Volvo - I hate it too, but watched it all the way once to know what car NOT to buy,

One not mentioned is Wayfair with the woman singing (screaming) and you can't understand 3/4 of the words.

Unless you live in central FL (lucky you!) you don't have an attorney pushing his free concert on 6-1 featuring Pitbull (a rapper).  I'm not exaggerating when I say we hear it AT LEAST a half dozen times a day.  He seems to have bought into every cable news and "judge" show there is.

Most of the pharmaceutical commercials usually just make me say "what?" when they start giving the possible side effects.  I dunno, but "may cause brain infections" would make me learn to live with the original symptoms.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

Any and all cable company ads.  They play them all day every day.  Sickening. 

Only commercials I like are Subaru with the Barkley family of golden retrievers and the Energizer bunny.   Could watch the goldens all day long - so cute, sweet and pretty darned funny.  

I agree with a previous poster that it should be required that commercials be funny.  I don't want to watch commericials  about butts, areas "down there" or p**.   

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess I like the Chantix turkey,too,for some reason. He's better than creepy Ray  Liotta. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I never watch commercials! I mainly dvr the programs I like to watch and fast forward through commercials. The commercials mentioned here I've never seen. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Oh my. Just saw a commercial comparing men to cats ( first shows man clawing and tearin' up a sofa arm with a fork) Then we get to see same the man "marking" the wall like a bad male kitty does. Really???? It tell us we don't put up with it in people (apparently men) but not cats. Horrible commercial. Stupid in SO many ways.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

The commercial with the actress whispering and clinking her nails against the glass for the Michelobe beer is a new thing people are interested in.  People whispering and making delicate sounds with various things to get you to listen.  I think its supposed to relax and de-stress some people.

I agree about the turkey commercial.  I love that little guy, his little outfits and accessories.  I too love the Energizer Bunny.  I like when he shakes his little bunny tail and wiggles his eyebrows. 

Thanks for letting me know that commercial I hate is Amazon.  I'm not a fan of Amazon.  That's another thread entirely.  But seems like the few times I've ordered from them my credit card gets hacked or my computer goes awry. 

@jellyBEAN 

My credit card was hacked at Amazon too,  I also got baited with an advertised named brand product, but received a cheap knock off,  all Amazon did was delete my negative review....Now we can add annoying commercials to their offenses....Im not a fan either......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I adore the turkey for Chantix Heart  What I find interesting is that when it was cold here in Michigan they ran the summer themed Slow Turkey campaign.

I know it's CGI but I'd love to kiss this bird when he's wearing ear protection and using the blower

Image result for chantix turkey

Now that it's warming up, they are playing the Camping Turkey campaign.  Looks more autumn themed to me.

Image result for chantix turkey

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise