Respected Contributor

I love the Subaru commercials with the dogs.   We just now saw a Casper mattress comm. with baby animals sound asleep on the mattress.  So cute.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I've noticed for some time now that "they" are using "oldies" in commercials.  I love it, of course, brings back so many memories but I am curious if it works to capture the target audience for the product.  I doubt if many young folks know the music of the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's.

One of my all time favorites is a commercial for California Cows.  It had cows and ducks in a field.  I would say it is at least 10 years old now.   I have never been able to find it on the internet. 

Love all the Barkleys too!  

@avid shopper good music is timeless. I think hearing the "oldies" introduces a generation to something they've never heard but like. Let's not forget I think everyone knows The Beatles ( babies and toddlers do), there is a movie coming out later this month, Yesterday that features The Beatles' music, I'm sure younger people will see the film.

Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials I Like

[ Edited ]

Song:  "A Place in My Heart" ... "I found my heaven"

In a Range Rover commercial featuring a cute dog who appears to be daydreaming about a trip in the suv. So cute!Heart

Respected Contributor

I love the baseball ad for Facbook wiith the dads and daughters going to the Mets and Yankees games. Also the Slowskys are back after a long hiatus for the Xfinity ad. I don't know why but this always make me laugh.

Respected Contributor

The Calm download app commercials.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IEy4/calm-do-nothing-for-30-seconds

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wUht/calm-rain-storm

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Amazon commercial using Whitesnake's "Is It Love" and Geico using Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again".

Commercials using great songs always gets my attention.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

I am happy to say that I have finally come to terms that songs that meant so much to me back in the day are being used for commercials now as so many of them are doing such a great job of integrating the original message (but trust me it took me a while to get there).

I usually turn my nose up at movie tie-ins but goodness those for Secret Life of Pets II are just beyond adorable and I could probably watch them on a loop all day.  My current favorite is the one where the big dog is trying to get his team organized to snatch sausages off the top of a fridge and a little furball shows him how to shut off internet access . . . so funny!

@momtochloe 

I loved the first Secret Life Of Pets so I went with friends to see Secret Life Pets 2 last night ....and they really capture the essence and everyday nuances of the pets that will have you laughing...there is a bit of a serious under current of one of the dual storylines though (no different than some of the Disney movies)..I wont give it a way...but overall a cute movie .....and be sure to stay for credits and film bits of antics of real life pets if you go see it...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I love the baseball ad for Facbook wiith the dads and daughters going to the Mets and Yankees games. Also the Slowskys are back after a long hiatus for the Xfinity ad. I don't know why but this always make me laugh.

@50Mickey  I couldn't agree more.  One makes me laugh and one makes me cry.  Both ads very well done.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I am happy to say that I have finally come to terms that songs that meant so much to me back in the day are being used for commercials now as so many of them are doing such a great job of integrating the original message (but trust me it took me a while to get there).

I usually turn my nose up at movie tie-ins but goodness those for Secret Life of Pets II are just beyond adorable and I could probably watch them on a loop all day.  My current favorite is the one where the big dog is trying to get his team organized to snatch sausages off the top of a fridge and a little furball shows him how to shut off internet access . . . so funny!

@momtochloe 

I loved the first Secret Life Of Pets so I went with friends to see Secret Life Pets 2 last night ....and they really capture the essence and everyday nuances of the pets that will have you laughing...there is a bit of a serious under current of one of the dual storylines though (no different than some of the Disney movies)..I wont give it a way...but overall a cute movie .....and be sure to stay for credits and film bits of antics of real life pets if you go see it...

Hey @Spurt !  To be honest I haven't been in a theatre in decades so I will patiently wait until it comes to TV but my favorite in that commercial were the two burrowed under a recliner reacting to someone on a tablet asking "Who's a good boy?" and both of them are waggling their tails yelling me ME!  So great . . . Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe 

Hey @Spurt !  To be honest I haven't been in a theatre in decades so I will patiently wait until it comes to TV but my favorite in that commercial were the two burrowed under a recliner reacting to someone on a tablet asking "Who's a good boy?" and both of them are waggling their tails yelling me ME!  So great . . . Smiley Very Happy

@momtochloe 

So cute!.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”