Honored Contributor

Re: Commercial wrinkled pants

It's just a commercial.  It gets the point across.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was kinda funny.🤣

Trusted Contributor

I kind of like the commercials for "Chantix"  with the turkey!  He is so cute! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Wait-so the daughter brings him home AFTER the date?

Where was mom-zilla when he came to pick up the daughter?

Maybe the clothes were wrinkled DURING the date.  I'm just sayin'.  LOL

Since the product is to prevent wrinkles from happening...I think that is the point.  They did happen durnig the date, thus the mothers reaction.  For the second date his clothes were not wrinkled so the mother thought "they behaved".  However the kiss on his neck showed they pulled the wool over her eyes.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Wait-so the daughter brings him home AFTER the date?

Where was mom-zilla when he came to pick up the daughter?

Maybe the clothes were wrinkled DURING the date.  I'm just sayin'.  LOL

Since the product is to prevent wrinkles from happening...I think that is the point.  They did happen durnig the date, thus the mothers reaction.  For the second date his clothes were not wrinkled so the mother thought "they behaved".  However the kiss on his neck showed they pulled the wool over her eyes.

As is always the case. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Both kids clothes are wrinkled, not just his.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I only saw this commercial once, and the reason I remember it at all, is that I found it a little confusing at first.  Call me stupid, but I wasn't sure what the point was until I mulled it over for a moment.   I don't think you are supposed to have to "mull" over a commercial to understand it.

Then, when I realized what the point was,  I felt it was a little creepy.  Wrinkled pants, young teenagers, just not something I found really amusing.

All in all, I didn't think this was a very good commercial.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree 

I hate that commercial you are talking about...It implies parents are downright stupid and the teenagers can easily outsmart their parents, I dont find it amusing at all...

The only commercials I enjoy these days are the Subaru commercials with the dog family, The Barkleys......clever, funny, and well done....

The rest of the commercials these days are either pretty lame, downright stupid, supposed to be funny but they aren't, or downright boring, or TMI ( example:  I really don't enjoy seeing a woman in a bath tub and her husband is sitting on the toilet doing his business while they discuss their vacation plans), or equally disgusting ones for clorax and Stanley Steamer......What happened to all the real clever and funny marketing folks...??????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I hate to shock you guys, but teenagers do neck, you know, make-out.

Always have.

Always will.

And no, the parents don't always know when their kids have made out with their date, unless they have chaperoned every single date that their kids went on.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

How do you like the new commercial for a  dryer softener where a girl brings her date home and the mean mother Jerks her inside and slams the door in the boy’s face because he has wrinkled pants?

In the next scene, he has obviously used the product, has smooth pants, and the mom welcomes them both in with a big smile.

Stupidist commercial I have ever seen!!

@LilacTree   My remote has an FF button so I never watch the commercials. That’s the button that wears out first.