Honored Contributor

Re: Commercial for Celebrity Cruises

I think the logic behind this commercial is that it attracts our attention, so it gets us talking about it. If we remember the commercial, we may think more about the product they’re selling, 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

It's a great song, one of my favorites.  It is a strange choice for a cruise line commercial, but I guess they are trying to attract us baby boomers by getting our attention.  Take one of their cruises and you'll be transported into a blissful world where you'll forget all about your problems at home.

Feed your head indeed!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

That's how advertisement works.  Obviously, they are targeting a certain age demographic and they are using that song to get the attention of of those people.  The song gets their attention and then they pay attention to the commercial.  Where as those of us who aren't in that demographic and don't know the song or Jefferson Airplane....get up to get a snack or click on to QVC while the commercial is on.  

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

It's a great song, one of my favorites.  It is a strange choice for a cruise line commercial, but I guess they are trying to attract us baby boomers by getting our attention.  Take one of their cruises and you'll be transported into a blissful world where you'll forget all about your problems at home.

Feed your head indeed!!

@jellyBEAN - one of my faborite songs also.  My parents bought me the album, Surrealistic Pillow, when they broke the news to me that we were moving out of state when I was 11.  They thought it would soften the blow of moving, LOL.  It's a great album.  Grace Slick had a powerful voice.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen the commercial, but it's getting tiresome that hardly any original jingles are being written and insteady they use an established song they think will fit with the commercial or attract a certain demographic. 

I can expect one day to see 1999 by Prince being used on a cruise commercial to attract us Gen-Xers! Woman Very Happy