Hair styles: quite prominent now:

1.  Spaghetti strings

2.  Bird nests

3.  Hair in eyes

Fashion trends:

1.  Bare shoulder

2.  Long tails

3.  Bottom extentions

Simple classics would be SO nice to see.

I don't even know what half these things are, especially the hairstyles. Spaghetti strings?? What the heck? Bird's nest? I can imagine what that might look like but don't know anyone who wears hair like that.

I really dislike the cold shoulder tops and the hi/low hemmed tops. Both are really ugly, imo. Looks like someone messed up when making the tops, on both accounts. 

No idea what bottom extensions are. 

Spaghetti strings?? My question too.  Bird's nest is what the hair can look like from over teasing or backcombing, I'm pretty sure. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Comments on current trends

Moto jackets too are so dated.  

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Generous wrote:

Just my observations ---

1.  Spaghetti strings

2.  Bird nests

3.  Hair in eyes

Fashion trends:

1.  Bare shoulder

2.  Long tails

3.  Bottom extentions

@Generous, wouldn't it be so boring if we all looked the same?

I agree, @itiswhatitis. I like seeing a lot of different looks on people. I'm short and can't get away with a lot of the current trends and I can't color my hair magenta or turquoise where I work, but I love seeing all those things on other people. Sure, there are lots of things I don't like, but I'll happily put up with them for the opportunity to see the many things I do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Puzzle Piece I was thinking she meant the butt implants that all of the young people seem to be sporting or desiring

Oh.  How awful.  Have things come to this. 

@Puzzle Piece, what's so awful about people doing what they want with their own appearance?

The one awful thing about it how many of them don't do it safely. I don't mind people doing it, it doesn't affect me, but if you're going to cut corners and go with the super cheap budget option, surgery is not the time for cheaping out. Way too many women and men have been deformed or even killed by poor plastic surgery choices.

When people are addicted and then preyed upon by unethical doctors or people just want something enhanced and find themselves getting breast implants from a dentist, that's awful.

Nothing wrong with safe enhancements.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

Hi, JSS.  8)

I think a lot of it had to do with misogyny and men maintaining the upper hand, so to speak.

The world is still a patriarchy, unfortunately.  But I'm hoping for, at the very least, total equality someday.

Honored Contributor

Trends = MONEY$$$$$$$ 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Generous wrote:

Just my observations ---

1.  Spaghetti strings

2.  Bird nests

3.  Hair in eyes

Fashion trends:

1.  Bare shoulder

2.  Long tails

3.  Bottom extentions

@Generous, wouldn't it be so boring if we all looked the same?

I agree, @itiswhatitis. I like seeing a lot of different looks on people. I'm short and can't get away with a lot of the current trends and I can't color my hair magenta or turquoise where I work, but I love seeing all those things on other people. Sure, there are lots of things I don't like, but I'll happily put up with them for the opportunity to see the many things I do.

Try some hair chalk or another temporary method when you're not at work... fun and washes out.

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago or so, I used to run across lots of b*tt padded panties in lingerie depts.  I haven't looked lately, and I'm guessing that they are still available.  I just might try wearing them!  Anyway, wearing them would be a better alternative than having actual surgery, imo.  In other words, I wouldn't mind a larger behind, just to see what happens, walking around here and there.  'Nothing ventured, nothing gained', as the saying goes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

As far as 'spheghetti string' dresses, I don't wear them unless they have a built in bra.  But, I sometimes wear mine with a lightweight tee underneath.  I have two darker print dresses, and try to match them with various colored tees underneath. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@LilacTree

Hi, JSS.  8)

I think a lot of it had to do with misogyny and men maintaining the upper hand, so to speak.

The world is still a patriarchy, unfortunately.  But I'm hoping for, at the very least, total equality someday.

@feline groovy

Back 'atcha JSS!  My girls and I were just talking about this "patriarchy" on the way home from Easter dinner with my LBI daughter at the shore. 

I see my brother (whom I love dearly) getting all agitated over what he considers the "new minority," professional white men.  I just laugh at him . . . he is retired now and made his fortune, so I don't know why he cares so much.

Oh!!  How they are hating to let go!!!  LOL

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986