Trusted Contributor

Comments closed...who decides?

Who is it would decides that comments cannot be posted to a thread any longer? Is it Q or is it the OP?

Honored Contributor

Re: Comments closed...who decides?

That would be QVC.

Valued Contributor

the pc police who repeatedly hit the report inappropriate button.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

QVC decides, obviously.

Esteemed Contributor

I was the OP of the Je suis Charlie thread, commenting on the massacre in Paris. The QVC webmaster cut off further comments, probably afraid of the direction additional posts might take.
Super Contributor

On 1/7/2015 Vivian said: I was the OP of the Je suis Charlie thread, commenting on the massacre in Paris. The QVC webmaster cut off further comments, probably afraid of the direction additional posts might take.

Once the "r" word is posted, that's the end of the thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it happened to me on my "Consultant" thread earlier today. I had decided to come back to it right now to ask the webmaster to remove the topic because certain persons were getting a thrill out of making rude remarks. When I arrived back at Viewpoints, the topic was gone. Not sure what caused the webmaster to pull it, but from my viewpoint there were 3 posters who like nothing better than to see if they can get my goat. Can't say here what I think of that.

And to think - all I was asking was advice on consulting, as I'm just about to get my first consulting job...

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2015 sfnative said:

Well, it happened to me on my "Consultant" thread earlier today. I had decided to come back to it right now to ask the webmaster to remove the topic because certain persons were getting a thrill out of making rude remarks. When I arrived back at Viewpoints, the topic was gone. Not sure what caused the webmaster to pull it, but from my viewpoint there were 3 posters who like nothing better than to see if they can get my goat. Can't say here what I think of that.

And to think - all I was asking was advice on consulting, as I'm just about to get my first consulting job...

All the best to you.

Honored Contributor

That's too bad.

Good luck with your new endeavors.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2015 Cakers1 said:

All the best to you.

Cakers1,

Thank you so very much. You're so sweet. - Rebecca