Honored Contributor

Re: Comedy Show or Shopping Channel?

@dmeasy 

Just stop watching it.  I just shake my head at ALL the people complaining about QVC's shows and hosts but they keep watching.  I can't think of anything I'd watch if I disliked it that much.  In fact about 4 years ago I disliked ALL tv so much I just stopped watching.  Do I miss General Hospital and My Lottery Dream Home?  Yes, yes I do.  I stopped watching the news after weeks in front of the tv after 9-11.  I'm happier without ingesting daily, horrible news.

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 

Find this approach  as  you described  a very rude to the  customer viewers.

Makes us seem as an after thought

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Kidding around is one thing in moderation,  but so many are so LOUD.  I avoid loud people, in my real life, and certainly on my TV.  And some are both loud and crude, a real no-go for

me.

@PamfromCT  That's how I feel. Kidding in moderation...you said it perfectly. Certain vendors really elicit hijinx much more than others. They're too loud and it translates as overdoing it. My personality is much quieter than that. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@dmeasy 

Just stop watching it.  I just shake my head at ALL the people complaining about QVC's shows and hosts but they keep watching.  I can't think of anything I'd watch if I disliked it that much.  In fact about 4 years ago I disliked ALL tv so much I just stopped watching.  Do I miss General Hospital and My Lottery Dream Home?  Yes, yes I do.  I stopped watching the news after weeks in front of the tv after 9-11.  I'm happier without ingesting daily, horrible news.

Do you live in the same universe as the rest of us. It’s human nature to complain. You are complaining about the rest of us.

People don’t watch to complain. People watch and complain when they see something they don’t like.

What's the problem?

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

One of dad's words of wisdom throughout my life has been "everything in moderation".  

Esteemed Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

I can't imagine the life of such pessimistic people.

Pessimistic! You’re on a discussion board. I’m certain you know other people have different points of view.  

It’s about tolerance. Learning to be respectful of different opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@dmeasy 

Do you live in the same universe as the rest of us. It’s human nature to complain. You are complaining about the rest of us.

People don’t watch to complain. People watch and complain when they see something they don’t like.

What's the problem?

I agree with you.  I find it funny that people constantly complain about people who constantly complain about QVC.

Just like the wonderful advice of changing the channel people should stop reading pessimistic threads.  They will save themselves a lot of grief.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Effie54 

One of dad's words of wisdom throughout my life has been "everything in moderation".  

@monicakm  That's true....my mother said the same thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm and others,

Please don't think people complaining are sitting there watching the shows being complained about!  All it takes is a few minutes once, and that show is forever "banned in Boston" in my house.

Ask me how much I buy?  From other sources, that routinely offer my size (petite) in all their clothing.  For background noise, I prefer HSN, where I don't buy clothing but lotions and potions.  We have some people in assisted living we like to give to.

To continue to watch a show with behavior you don't like....well,

that would be really stupid.  And I am not.  And just because others have other standards than you does not make anyone 

"pessimistic."  That is a bit condescending.

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i enjoyed the entire 3 hour presentation

i heard all the product info i needed

I concur!😊 Getting specific information needed in order to make an informed purchasing decision is what it is ALL about!👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖