Regular Contributor

Comedy Show or Shopping Channel?

I turned the TV on at 9a.m. and I didn't know what to make of all the banter going on among the people on the screen.  They were laughing but not describing tehe ittem they were selling.  When I watch QVC I expect to be enlightened about the product, not silliness.  I am looking for a correct size, the length, or other particulars of the item.  I am not interested in the host or guest and their comments unless these comments are about the product.  I watch very little lately especially when they are presenting shoes.  Their shoe presentations are useless.

Honored Contributor

Re: Comedy Show or Shopping Channel?

@dmeasy I've solved the problem for me.  I don't watch for details unless what I see is already something I know I need to buy.  Makes it easy to listen and catch the details among the banter because I surf out in less than 10 or 15 seconds when I know nothing said will convince me to buy.

That's the same procedure I use for the posts on the Forum.  I read very few of them.

I found I was spending far too much time watching online and reading here with too little helpful information for me either place.  I don't expect the rest of the shopping world to bend to what I can use.   I'm old and we are a tiny part of our nation's population.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you. Especially, when they start the show and either two hosts are talking or host and vendor are engaging, and they continue as if the viewer isn’t there.  Then the surprise oh I’m host so and so and this is……

I know it’s all part of the sales tactic. They want you to think you are listening to this private moment. It’s all scripted and we know it.

Time for a new format!

Respected Contributor

I agree, I don't even check online as often as I used to, but if I need to return an item it is usually one that I bought from seeing it online instead of a presentation. 

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I don't normally like the playing around but I love Mary and Kim together.    They play off each other so cleverly but still manage to include all the pertinent details.  I wouldn't want them to change a thing.

It's a shame a couple of people can't have fun doing their jobs without the public gripping about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It would be really boring if the hosts just recited measurements all day.

Esteemed Contributor

Kidding around is one thing in moderation,  but so many are so LOUD.  I avoid loud people, in my real life, and certainly on my TV.  And some are both loud and crude, a real no-go for

me.

Respected Contributor

I shop the website, I only watch the Holiday shows & usually they're on mute.  I stopped watching because of over-talking & nonsense but I know others enjoy that...We're your friend, shop with us. I don't feel I'm missing out because I enjoy shopping the website, loads of items that never get on air & great sales, many with free shipping. In the past 3 years I returned 1 item, a Gravel blouse that I did see presented on air.

Valued Contributor

I can't imagine the life of such pessimistic people.

Respected Contributor

i enjoyed the entire 3 hour presentation

i heard all the product info i needed

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~