Regular Contributor

Re: Come on...let it out. What are or were you really, really good at?

I love to read too much. My father always said I would read toilet paper if I could. Total addiction
I can tell so many stories
They are pretty good too
I also have special attachments to horses and dogs

Regular Contributor

Does that count? Did I just kill a thread? Bummer.
Esteemed Contributor

I’m extremely good at reading people & situations.I got it from my Grandma.DH & son are always shocked when I say something about a person that turns out to be true.They say I’m psychic.Lol!! I think I’m just very intuitive.

Honored Contributor

I can do a lot of things well, but I'm more of a "jack of all trades and master of none."

Honored Contributor

Singing

I’ve been singing since I was a child. I am in my 50s now. I have sung in bands, at music festivals, for charity events, etc. I have made a few recordings in a studio. I am also a soloist at my church. People are always complimenting me on my singing voice. 

Trusted Contributor

Riding horses !!!!

Honored Contributor

I have very strong memory skills, especially with numbers.  

I sense things about people; pretty much know from the get go whether I like, or trust them, and my gut feelings are usually spot on.

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Maybe this is something you were interested in "since forever" and developed it into a meaningful part of your life.

Or, perhaps you inherited a gene, made the best of it and now have a profession or avocation base on it.

Or, perhaps you learned an entirely new body of knowledge in a new profession and simply grew and grew with it to the extent that it "made" you who you are today.

Or, tell us what your "or" is.

*Perhaps you were declared a genius or prodigy in ______.

Think it over and share, if you'd like

I used to be good at drawing, haven't done it in soooo many years.  Comes in handy once in a while to help my daughter with homework.  Always been crafty at making things. 

Respected Contributor

For me it is telling stories. Have a vivid memory going back to my childhood. My family was unique so there are many stories. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative, Great question! At 65 I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my life. I'm no one special, have done nothing extraordinary and know I've never lived up to my potential. But I have felt for a very long time that I was put here to do "more." I sure wish that "more" would reveal itself soon as I'm sure not getting younger. I'd like to think that my time here mattered.