Honored Contributor

This was a childhood favorite.  

(I know this title was a song I use to love too)

Side note:  as a preteen or teen, do you remember the first 45 you bought?  Mine was 16 candles.  Heard it the other day, that's why I ask it.

But I loved as a kid, the Sat. morning cartoons.  We 3 kids gathered around the t.v. for it.

Of course, that was followed up by Sun. morning church, which I have good memories of too.

What day was your childhood favorite, if you had one?

Honored Contributor

Re: Come Saturday morning

[ Edited ]

Now there are so many news shows on Saturday morning. If I saw a schedule of 60's/70's cartoons, I might recall a few I liked. One in particular was about a car race, and some character named D**k Dastardly would sabotage the other drivers. 

Respected Contributor

I used to Love saturday morning crtoons but I don't remember many of them.

There were also the British imports I loved , The Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. 

What I really remember is my siblings and I doing our Saturday Morning Chores to the background of reruns of the The Three Stooges and then the Wresteling show.  I was so young I thought the wrestling was really dangerous.   Gorilla Monsoon and Chief Jay Strongbow were two of my faves.  Then it was off with my friends  to the bowling alley for a couple of strings of candlepins.  If we were rich that week we might see a matinee.

Funny, now I've got  the notion to do some dusting!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

This was a childhood favorite.  

(I know this title was a song I use to love too)

Side note:  as a preteen or teen, do you remember the first 45 you bought?  Mine was 16 candles.  Heard it the other day, that's why I ask it.

But I loved as a kid, the Sat. morning cartoons.  We 3 kids gathered around the t.v. for it.

Of course, that was followed up by Sun. morning church, which I have good memories of too.

What day was your childhood favorite, if you had one?

@qualitygal The day before Christmas was really special to me when I believed in Santa Claus. My stomach had butterflies!  Also my Birthday was very special....having a party with all of my friends over.... as far as weekdays....Saturday was my favorite day....play all day!  

The first 45 record was most likely  by the The Monkees.  Hey Hey were the Monkees! Big fan back then!😄

Honored Contributor

I used to love Sat mornings because that was when my favorite program "Fury"  was on.  Sundays were great also because after church we always stopped at a local family market for our paper and always got a lot of goodies to eat while waiting for our Sunday meal.

Esteemed Contributor

Always liked that song, but it took a while to realize that it is sad song.

But Saturday always meant pancakes.  Still a fav.