Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast sent me a gift . . . totally FREE!!

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

Wow!  I'm glad I was sitting down when I read your post.  Good for you on your surprise gift!  We've had Comcast cable for years and years and years and have never gotten anything from them except increased rates.

No wonder our rates always increase! Free gifts??? Where's mine???

Never got a thing from them!

Unfortunately they are the only cable company in our city. I'm working on getting rid of cable. Keeping internet.

I find they give the best deals to new customers, not long-time loyal customers.

Honored Contributor

OH, WAIT!!  This tablet IS a phone!  I just looked.........So, what I thought was a mistake was right after all, although I didn't know it at the time.  Well, I learned something today!  Thanks, Lilac!!  Now, I'll have to re-correct my post, lol..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

OH, WAIT!!  This tablet IS a phone!  I just looked.........So, what I thought was a mistake was right after all, although I didn't know it at the time.  Well, I learned something today!  Thanks, Lilac!!  Now, I'll have to re-correct my post, lol..........

Romary1, I'm glad to 'see'  you here; I posted in another thread hoping you would be participating in the new and improved forum.  I'm still learning.

Lilac tree, congratulations on your new gift; enjoy it! 

Esteemed Contributor

Well that was nice, enjoy! We dont have Comcast here in no where land. lol. We have a local cable company, Much cheaper and better service than Comcast (which my kids have, so they tell me this).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

This recent article mentions both Comcast and the Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet.

http://stopthecap.com/2015/06/18/got-a-call-from-866-694-8573-dont-fall-for-the-comcast-loyalty-rewa...

That's terrible.  I guess it is a scam.

None of this happened to me.  Absolutely no phone calls or communications or questions . . . nothing.

But I guess I'd better trash the damm thing just to be on the safe side.

Why not call Comcast...that would be such a waste???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

http://stopthecap.com/2015/06/18/got-a-call-from-866-694-8573-dont-fall-for-the-comcast-loyalty-rewa...

None of this happened to me.  Absolutely no phone calls or communications or questions . . . nothing.

croemer, she did call them to make sure it was legit.  Maybe you missed her post about it.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

croemer, she did call them to make sure it was legit.  Maybe you missed her post about it.  HTH

Thank you I did just read back...I should know better.Man Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor

No problem, croemer.  Just wanted to make sure you saw it.  Thanks for letting me know.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

LILAC:  I made a mistake!  A tablet isn't a phone, as far as I know.......lol.  I'll have to edit it!  Sorry!  Cat Happy   I'm getting dizzy, re-correcting my mistakes!  This tablet does appear to also be a phone.  'Whew'......!

This tablet is not a phone.  In fact I can't see myself using it much, but I have to give myself time to get used to it.  I'm a typist and a pick with one finger type of keyboard would drive me crazy, I can't imagine writing an email that way.  I may do some research on it from time to time.  I truly don't get what people see in these gadgets.  I'll keep it for a few weeks and see, but most likely I will give it to one of my grandchildren.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986