Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Pecky I have been thinking about doing this, getting rid of Direct TV.  But I soooooo like to just flip through channels.  I end of watching more TV that way, so that is not a good thing.

@Puppy Lips I have Xfinity and my bill is high, but I am like you I flip through channels constantly so I don't think streaming will work for me.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@Squirt60 

We used to jump thru hoops with Directv, calling them and negotiating a lower rate. Sometimes we would be promised a lower rate, but didn't get it and had to call them again. Directv doesn't appreciate long time customers. 

After being with them for twenty years, we got tired of their games and switched to YouTube TV. 

@deeva 

Here's a big part of the problem .... whether you watch TV very much or not, EVERYONE needs internet.   

You're right, they don't appreciate long time customers.  As a result, people are forced to hop from promotional plan to promotional plan every time it ends.   It's such a nuisance!  

Honored Contributor

Yep.  You need the internet service over the TV service.  I've had both Comcast and FIOS.  Of the two, I prefer FIOS,  But we got mostly because of their internet service.