Super Contributor

Two years ago I called DirectTV to see if they would lower our bill and they wouldn't budge.  I was wrong to think because we had been loyal customers for five years meant something.  
We went with Hulu and have been happy and DH gets all of his sports. We also have Friendly which is what we watch the most.  We both like the older shows.  

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ScrapHappy  Call the "Retention" Dept. 

@Mz iMac   @ScrapHappy 

Having my own issues and I called today and learned that Spectrum doesn't have a retention department.  You call Customer Service or the Billing Dept., neither of which have anything to entice you to stay with them.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

Comcast/xfinity is the worst, we are in the process of going the youtube tv route.  We found a replacement for our wifi, we bundled, once we find a replacement for the phone line we need for our alarm we will cancel.

We don't watch many channels so I am not worried about missing them.

@spumoni99 

For your wi-fi service, who did you have ....  and who did you change to?  

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

We have Optimum for TV, internet and phone.  We pay about $330 a month, which I think is OUTRAGEOUS.  Hubby just doesn't want to change, fearing he will lose some sports channels he enjoys.  We don't spend much on entertainment, except for Optimum, but I still think it's OUTRAGEOUS!!!

@spent2much  We also have Optimum internet, tv and phone. Ours is $203.00 a month which is two cable boxes but no extra sports channels. Maybe that's the difference.

I also have Optimum for TV, internet and phone and 3 boxes (no extra sports channels only what comes with the package I have) .  Up to this past month, for the last 12 months,  I was paying $189 per month.  This month, it went up a little to $203 and that's because some of the same promotion discount deals I had before were not being offered.  They were able to give me another promotion but it wasn't as big as the last one. I have this promo and monthly bill of $203 for one year until the promo expires.  By the way, I ALWAYS deal with the RETENTION Department, never anyone else.  I'm a good negotiator and seem to be able to keep my bill down to what I'm comfortable paying.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I currently get a $45 per month discount from DirecTV. I'm really glad they're willing to do this.

Respected Contributor

@Squirt60 

We used to jump thru hoops with Directv, calling them and negotiating a lower rate. Sometimes we would be promised a lower rate, but didn't get it and had to call them again. Directv doesn't appreciate long time customers. 

After being with them for twenty years, we got tired of their games and switched to YouTube TV. 

Respected Contributor

My Comcast went way up, so I changed my plan to a 10 channel plan. I do not like it. I signed up for You Tube TV free trial and I like it. I can put it on any TV in my house and pay no extra money for it. 

I am probably going to cancel Comcast TV and keep the Internet. Has anyone tried Verizon or TMobile Home Internet? I think I would prefer Verizon but it is not available in my area yet. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, I don't know about getting a genuine supervisor on the phone. 

My former employer dragged me out to the reception desk when someone demanded to talk to the "OWNER".......because I was "older and looked the part"....      (Of course, that was in person, not on the phone.)

When I worked for Frontier Communications our "supervisors" were normal customer service reps with six months experience but with no magic powers. When someone would insist to talk to a supervisor they got the same offer we could give them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

You do get a lot of sports with YTTV.

@Jaspertimes yes, YTTV has a lot of sports channels included in the base package.

Respected Contributor

Our WIFI was bundled with xfinity so it was xfinity, we are now trying out wifi with Verizon.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

Comcast/xfinity is the worst, we are in the process of going the youtube tv route.  We found a replacement for our wifi, we bundled, once we find a replacement for the phone line we need for our alarm we will cancel.

We don't watch many channels so I am not worried about missing them.

@spumoni99 

For your wi-fi service, who did you have ....  and who did you change to?