Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Shelbelle What is triple play?

Triple Play started in 2008 and I have had it ever since, it means you have Comcast for cable TV, landline and internet. Rate was always supposedly better. 

Respected Contributor

We have Optimum for TV, internet and phone.  We pay about $330 a month, which I think is OUTRAGEOUS.  Hubby just doesn't want to change, fearing he will lose some sports channels he enjoys.  We don't spend much on entertainment, except for Optimum, but I still think it's OUTRAGEOUS!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky I have been thinking about doing this, getting rid of Direct TV.  But I soooooo like to just flip through channels.  I end of watching more TV that way, so that is not a good thing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

We have Optimum for TV, internet and phone.  We pay about $330 a month, which I think is OUTRAGEOUS.  Hubby just doesn't want to change, fearing he will lose some sports channels he enjoys.  We don't spend much on entertainment, except for Optimum, but I still think it's OUTRAGEOUS!!!

@spent2much  We also have Optimum internet, tv and phone. Ours is $203.00 a month which is two cable boxes but no extra sports channels. Maybe that's the difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@ScrapHappy  - They stopped negotiating with me a couple years ago.  I also have to call this week and either get a new contract - my current runs out later this month - or cancel.  Have been looking at YouTubeTV and may go that route.

Good luck getting a better rate. My hubs tried several times, talking to supervisors, you name it.....nope, they refuse to budge. It makes no sense as so many people are pulling the plug. They don't care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ScrapHappy  Call the "Retention" Dept. 

We've done that, several times. They don't budge, nor do they have the authority to lower prices anymore. It's a no win/don't even bother game. 

Super Contributor

You do get a lot of sports with YTTV.

Respected Contributor

Re: Comcast Won't Negotiate

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle how are you getting free Peacock and Netflix from Comcast? Is it automatic where you live or something you negotiated? Peacock was free for a while when it first came out, but not anymore. 

Eta I do have Triple Play. 

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Shelbelle how are you getting free Peacock and Netflix from Comcast? Is it automatic where you live or something you negotiated? Peacock was free for a while when it first came out, but not anymore. 

When it was announced that they no longer were giving Peacock for free, I got email from them saying I would still be getting it for free for 2 more years since we pay for high speed internet with them. As far as NF goes, about 5 years ago I had called to discuss my plan and they said I was now entitled to NF for free on my plan. I still get it, but who knows for how long. I dont get HBO or Showtime. 

Trusted Contributor

We got rid of Comcast three years ago and never looked back.  At the time when DH called to cancel he was never asked why, what they could do to retain us as customers, etc.  nothing. It was okay, we will cancel and that was it.

We did keep them for internet and land line, but not cable and saved over $100/month.