Honored Contributor

Re: Combined QVC-HSN 1Q Sales Drop 4%, to $1.9 Billion

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  So one assumes we can surmise the 4th quarter that includes the holiday shopping season, along with the usual predictable programming and wares on offer year after year, didn't do much to pull their bacon out of the fire. Like others, I continue to think redundancy and the lack of meaningful on-air vareity, along with the several fails with regard to customer incentives so often cited (high prices, costly shipping, and so on) will be their Waterloo unless they take a serious look at their model and make real changes. We've seen they're bringing in new vendors, but they always have and that hasn't proven to be sufficient to pique interest. One might guess it won't be this trip either, especially when, as discussed, new vendors often end up offering the same old - same old. I feel sure you'll be posting a more complete set of numbers.

@stevieb 

Qurates stock plunged 22% after results announced....

Someone already published the actual results for the 4th quarter and year 2019.....  https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Qurate-Releases-Q4-and-Year-End-2019-Reports/m-p/6056663#M167511

https://ir.qurateretail.com/static-files/eec9e835-b55d-4d46-892a-41e322568885

The Execs keep spinning their wheels....and oh here's a smart move .....  after the results show that the beauty category is down in sales ...what do they do....add MORE to their Big Find.... oh that makes sense.. or more accurately... lack of .Woman LOL  PLUS not only do they have the albatross that is HSN around their neck the network has struggled before and after it got combined with Qurate....but now a second shoe has dropped and Zulilly is sinking bad....citing lack of new customers, and a decline in purchases from existing customers....hmmmm One bad decision after another to incorporate HSN & ZULILLY.... What QVC needs is someone in Exec Management that has a bit of common sense....

If you are in need of a good laugh you might be interested in this viewpoint----

Mike George, President and CEO of Qurate Retail. "Our fourth quarter results were in line with full-year trends, notably we experienced pressure on revenue and margins from the investment in network optimization at QxH. Despite these challenges, we were encouraged with our ability to grow free cash flow in 2019 on an operating basis",

"We are accelerating the execution of our strategic priorities as we work to return to profitable growth. We continue to lead the curation of special products at compelling values across multiple platforms, providing customers an important third way to shop.”

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I saw the Zulily numbers and they were pretty glaring... As for Fearlerss Leader's commentary that you highlighted, the man is delusional and why the big bosses continue to put up with this nonsense remains the million dollar question... and then some...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I read it too. They are going downhill fast and seem clueless how to stop it except to grow deeper and deeper in debt. Selling bonds left and right with pretty high interest rates.

Nothing new, just a sinking ship...

Regular Contributor

Instead of the repeat shows in the morning maybe they could run some pretaped shows, similar to what they do around the holidays. (I loved Antonella making the lipstick and makeup compacts.) Even a style makeover show, with suggested items to purchase (clothing, beauty, home).

But really in the end it may be an entertaining idea, but I don't know if it would equate to an increase in sales.   

Respected Contributor

The #1 reason I rarely shop with QVC is because of shipping costs and long shipping times, and I suspect a lot of people feel the same way. If they don't figure that out, I think they are doomed.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Shopping the Q since 1986, I kept it on as background noise (when home) but now the new breed of immature women hosts has rendered my TV on CNN for my white noise.

I can tolerate the rising prices, slow shipping, questionable quality as my 2 malls in close proximity are now ghost towns, so on-line/TV shopping is my only resource.