Honored Contributor

Re: Combined QVC-HSN 1Q Sales Drop 4%, to $1.9 Billion

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Hopefully some of these more detailed, well-outlined posts make their way to the desk of someone who can make a difference.  We can only hope.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They know what they're doing wrong and they know what customers want. Most of the remarks made on these kinds of threads have been consistent and increasing over most of the past decade. They're simply intent on doing things their way, it seems. Perhaps if performance indicators drop enough they'll make an effort but financial reports have hardly been glowing for some time and activity to address customer feedback has been minimal.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
New Contributor

I agree with pretty much everything said by others. I rarely watch any home shopping network now. It is the same old same old over and over again. I am tired of the poor quality and poor fit  of  apparel and of items not performing as stated my the host or guests and then having lost money on shipping and handling when you return it. I have also been the victim of watching repeat shows offering an item at a sales price and then ordering and finding the sale price was for the original airing only. My other gripe is to see the hsots all oohing and aahing over each and every item and stating this is what they use, blah blah blah. Cant beleive them anymore They appear more hokey than credible. Maybe is because they are. tHome shopping networks need a serious revamp but dont know what this is.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

But hold on a second!  They came up with Fri-YAY!!  You mean to tell me that isn't working?? LOL

The shipping/returning costs are WAY to high....and this is where I think they can't compete with places like Amazon who offer the Prime shipping 1 time per yr cost and you can get your order in 1 or 2 days..plus to return it is zero cost to you. 

As for shoes....that is crazy expense....I STUPIDLY ordered that Vionic TSV tennis shoe...which is just AWFUL by the way...and it cost me 8.95 to return them!!  

At least they were shipped out free...but NEVER again on shoes for me.  

Edit:  Plus what is up with the shipping time?  WOW is that slow.

Honored Contributor

TV home shopping had its hay day.... the 1980's and 1990's.... and now is going the way of the newspaper and snail mail.... I do not see it still on TV in the next 10 years... possibly sooner...

like the dinosaur...  TV homeshopping too will go extinct.   At least we can not blame it on Climate change!

Honored Contributor

just a note......this thread is from first quarter 2019.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

But unfortunately is still relevant.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

But unfortunately is still relevant.

i dont know @stevieb ......quarter 1 of 2020 is not even finished yet and i dont believe i have seen 4th quarter of 2019 yet? it could be beter than a 4% sales drop.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  Well, we pretty much know the model remains the same...  I did see these numbers on line but haven't seen a full report...

• Total Qurate Retail revenue decreased 5% to $4.2 billion in Q4 and 4% to $13.5 billion in full year 2019. ...
  • Qurate Retail reported diluted EPS of $0.34 in Q4 and $(1.08) in full year 2019. ...
  • QxH revenue decreased 3% in both Q4 and full year 2019.
(us.acrofan.com)

Esteemed Contributor

Online retailing is facing many challenges as the competition heats up, but QVC will weather the "storm". I love the convenience and variety of online/home shopping, have shopped with The Q for years, and look forward  to seeing how they evolve in an ever increasing contentious market.-

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  So one assumes we can surmise the 4th quarter that includes the holiday shopping season, along with the usual predictable programming and wares on offer year after year, didn't do much to pull their bacon out of the fire. Like others, I continue to think redundancy and the lack of meaningful on-air vareity, along with the several fails with regard to customer incentives so often cited (high prices, costly shipping, and so on) will be their Waterloo unless they take a serious look at their model and make real changes. We've seen they're bringing in new vendors, but they always have and that hasn't proven to be sufficient to pique interest. One might guess it won't be this trip either, especially when, as discussed, new vendors often end up offering the same old - same old. I feel sure you'll be posting a more complete set of numbers.