Honored Contributor

Re: Columbus Day, Indigenous People Day, Canadian Thanksgiving

@bathina wrote:
I had company today so I just finished reading this entire thread. With few exceptions, it looks like the majority of us are on the same page. I'm amazed. I'm humbled by some opinions I would never have thought would be attached to certain names. I learned I really have to start acknowledging gray areas and stop assuming that because people may disagree on say, politics, that means they will never agree on anything else. I've been stubborn in that regard and now it's time to get rid of that belief. Thank you ladies. An excellent, eye opening (as someone said upthread) conversation.

Just wanted to highlight your insightful, gracious, sentiment lest it be lost in the flurry of posts.   Your unassuming, candid self-reflection touched my heart.   I've been stubborn in that regard, too, as you say, and I need to work on myself and my preconceptions.   Thank you, @bathina.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

It isn't wisdom that's being imparted it's up to date , accurate history.   That does exist , you know. Just like sciene. Or maybe you don't.

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

Maybe your research should include post 1950 information.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

@Bridgegal You are wasting your time with me. I have left this thread and have no desire to revisit it. Please do not notify me. Have a nice evening.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

The "research" didn't mention that Columbus never made it to the American continents?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@bathina wrote:
I had company today so I just finished reading this entire thread. With few exceptions, it looks like the majority of us are on the same page. I'm amazed. I'm humbled by some opinions I would never have thought would be attached to certain names. I learned I really have to start acknowledging gray areas and stop assuming that because people may disagree on say, politics, that means they will never agree on anything else. I've been stubborn in that regard and now it's time to get rid of that belief. Thank you ladies. An excellent, eye opening (as someone said upthread) conversation.

Just wanted to highlight your insightful, gracious, sentiment lest it be lost in the flurry of posts.   Your unassuming, candid self-reflection touched my heart.   I've been stubborn in that regard, too, as you say, and I need to work on myself and my preconceptions.   Thank you, @bathina.❤️

You are and always have been a treasure! Thank you for your kind words.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@bathina wrote:

You are and always have been a treasure! Thank you for your kind words.

You're welcome!  And thank you for the lovely compliment, @bathina.    I appreciate it, more than I can say.🌻   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova