Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado father confesses to killing wife/kids

@occasionalrain wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's the defence, not the prosecution that wants the DNA tests. How do we know that he was abusive, it could just as well have been his wife who was abusive toward him.

How can we know who overspent, wanted the vacations and a third child? She was the one posting what now seems her fantasy; she was the one seeking to impress others.

We don't.  But murder of a pregnant wife and two innocent children has no defenSe.

Suppose the wife killed the children, he discovered it and killed her. Would that be a defence? There is a reason his attorney wants DNA of the children's necks, hands and the wife's hands and nails.

@occasionalrain  Your supposition is really out there in the land of nonsense.

The defense is asking for DNA to set up their case; meaning they are looking already for ways to put him in an innocent light-no DNA, no cause for him to be the murderer.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

We don't know what we don't know. 

Every day we learn of unbelievable behavior, just last night on 48 Hours a man chased his business partner through their vineyard shooting at him, then shot him in the head in full view of LE.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

We don't know what we don't know. 

Every day we learn of unbelievable behavior, just last night on 48 Hours a man chased his business partner through their vineyard shooting at him, then shot him in the head in full view of LE.

@occasionalrain  Actually, we do know that he killed all of them because he confessed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I feel we are searching for answers as to how ,why a person can do this ,  most of us just can not understand, what is just un thinkable.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

As soon as he mentioned they had had an "emotional discussion" or something to that effect, it was obvious he had something to do with their murders.  Turns out they were in debt - big debt.  She was pregnant with another child.  Don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why when people have financial difficulties, they continue to have chidlren.  This will be a case to watch if there is a trial.  Was it just financial pressure?  Did he feel trapped?  Is there a girlfriend?  Big insurance policies?  

Esteemed Contributor

I saw pictures and videos of the family on the news last night.  What about a divorce?  I  do  not  understand how  anyone could kill anybody  let alone his  family.  This reminds me of the 1970's  murder  also with two  little  girls and a pregnant wife.  I  think if memory serves me his name  was  Jeffery Macdonald.  Why  do  these men get married  in the first place,  very sad  my heart  goess  out to the family and friends  ......very  scary!

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

🤢🤢🤢🤢

Another tragedy is happening (I’m afraid) in Iowa with Mollie Tibbetts. Smiley Sad

Oh no  I  have been following this story  to... I saw the  her father  on CNN last  night.. Very sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I  think that  they have the death penalty  in colorado??

Trusted Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

As soon as he mentioned they had had an "emotional discussion" or something to that effect, it was obvious he had something to do with their murders.  Turns out they were in debt - big debt.  She was pregnant with another child.  Don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why when people have financial difficulties, they continue to have chidlren.  This will be a case to watch if there is a trial.  Was it just financial pressure?  Did he feel trapped?  Is there a girlfriend?  Big insurance policies?  

Those issues are potential motives, but in no way mitigating factors. People all over the world have children, when they can't afford them. Millions, if not billions, of people have financial problems. (No, I'm not arguing, just discussing the case. Tragic, just tragic.)
Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

Only someone purely evil could commit such an act and then show no remorse...hope he suffers hell in prison for the rest of his life and that his death will be as horrifying as the ones he inflicted on his wife and children.

Someone  that  evil  can  not  feel  remorse..  they  only care  for  themselves.Woman Sad