Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado father confesses to killing wife/kids

Some people look very principled, ethical on the outside to others.  People think that they are so wonderful, etc.

But they can have a dark side focused toward one or other person(s).  The person with the smile to others can turn on a dime and become very 'different'.  Sort of a modified 'split personality'. 

(Come to think about it right this minute: I had a brief former roommate a hundred years ago, lol. with a similar disposition.  When leaving the apt., her father told me that she was on heavy meds. and apologized to me.)  She was 'Miss personality' to the outside world.  Only her former roommate knew and eventually told me that she was 'high-strung' (whatever that meant).

Anyway, getting back to certain split personalities, I lost my train of thought and forgot what I was going to say......(lol).  I have to go but will return later this evening.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

From today's New York Post:

"The bodies of two young Colorado girls whose father pleased on TV news  for their safe return were found inside “mostly full” oil and gas tanks, according to law enforcement sources.

Several high-ranking sources close to the investigation told KMGH they believe Christopher Watts, 33, placed the bodies of his daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste, in the containers owned by his former employer, Anadarko Petroleum, to mask the smell of decomposition from passers-by."

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

From today's New York Post:

"The bodies of two young Colorado girls whose father pleased on TV news  for their safe return were found inside “mostly full” oil and gas tanks, according to law enforcement sources.

Several high-ranking sources close to the investigation told KMGH they believe Christopher Watts, 33, placed the bodies of his daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste, in the containers owned by his former employer, Anadarko Petroleum, to mask the smell of decomposition from passers-by."

Precalculated evil! 😫😰

Honored Contributor

I was just reading the MSN article about this family.

they were living a life of luxury on a paupers pay.

vacations to dominican republic, san diego, driving a lexus's, (car loans) student loans, credit card debit off the charts, they had 3 savings accounts. two had $10.00 each and 3rd one had aobut $897.00. they had declared bankruptcy I believe in 2017.

Yes I have lived beyond my means years ago, but I came to my sences and paid everything off. I could not do much of anything for several years, but I paid everything off, cut up all cards. 

Now I live with the motto, if you don't have the cash, you don't purchase it.  Own NO credit cards, drive old cars, keep up the upkeep on the cars (take them to a car place that changes oil and does checks to make sure my car will be OK till next oil change).

Esteemed Contributor

So I just now saw his interview. It screams guilty to me and probably everyone else. He spends his night killing his wife and doesn’t look like he lost any sleep. I believe he killed the girls first while she was on her work trip, disposed them in the oil barrels (beyond sick) , and then killed the wife when she got home, why the two different body hiding places. In his interview he is thrilled to talk about his favorite sports team shirt. Which was a genius question by the reporter to ask to show his character. Most people would be highly annoyed by a reporter asking that question at a time like this. Not him, he loved talking sports.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I knew he did it the minute I saw him interviewed. Sign of a liar is their face twists. I can spout a liar every time. And this story is terribly sad. I feel so bad for what his wife and children went through, and for the families and friends that lost them to such a horrific crime! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

He's a sociopath.  End of discussion.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

What in the heck could a child do to deserve this?  What?   What kind of demon could do this?  Evil, thats all.  Things like this are so out there.  Just something that has no explanation.  God deals with this though

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

So I just now saw his interview. It screams guilty to me and probably everyone else. He spends his night killing his wife and doesn’t look like he lost any sleep. I believe he killed the girls first while she was on her work trip, disposed them in the oil barrels (beyond sick) , and then killed the wife when she got home, why the two different body hiding places. In his interview he is thrilled to talk about his favorite sports team shirt. Which was a genius question by the reporter to ask to show his character. Most people would be highly annoyed by a reporter asking that question at a time like this. Not him, he loved talking sports.

@Nancy Drew, I read yesterday that the neighbors security system has him on video loading bags into the back of his truck. So, it may be he killed them all at the same time.