Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado father confesses to killing wife/kids

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I just wish the news media wouldn't keep pouring out details about stuff like this.  It's just sick.

@Sooner  It's part of the public record of the court proceedings, so I don't see anything wrong with the media reporting it.

This guy really does sound more and more like Scott Peterson, who was carrying on with Amber Frey when he murdered his wife, Laci.

Respected Contributor

and the girlfriend?  Boy has she dodged a bullet.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't care HOW bad you think you're life is. I don't care HOW much debt you're in. You DO NOT KILL 2 young children because your situation stinks because of YOUR choices.

Said it once, I'll say it again: Children ALWAYS SUFFER due to the choices made by ADULTS.  You can spin the issues any way you want but 2 young children died and there was no reason, no excuse for it. 

THAT is where the focus should be; the DEATHS. He has no excuse. Stop trying to find him one and then attempt to push blame on those "issues" or worse yet, that SHE was the cause due to getting pregnant with their debts, etc. 

Exactly!!  There is NO excuse....I am so tired of hearing people wanting to blame the wife or children somehow.  As if there is anything another human being could ever do that would cause them to murder their spouse and children!  

This monster husband is solely responsible....it is his pure evil selfishness to be "free" of marriage and children that caused HIM to make this choice to murder them all.

I pray he is convicted and gets the death penalty....swift justice!

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

and the girlfriend?  Boy has she dodged a bullet.

@Shawnie  SInce the girlfriend was a co-worker, she had to know he was married.

It's not her fault that he's a murderer  but I do agree she dodged a bullet.

However, it would be interesting to see if she comes forward with anything to add about him.

In the end having an affair takes two; I don't know if this affair led up to the murders but it would be interesting to know her thoughts once the wife and children went missing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

From another angle, can you imagine being his parents? 

Not only are your Grandchildren dead, your Son is accused of murdering them both and his wife and unborn 3rd child!

How do you deal with that?

What about her parents?

@goldensrbest@SuhseK  SuhseK made a good point.  Obviously the parents of the wife (and grandparents of the angels) would come to mind.

But people tend to forget that he has parents, too.  Their anguish at what he did isn't just about him but also about the grandchildren whom I'm sure they loved.

Both sets of parents are suffering and we cannot and should not put any % of pain on either set.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh