Honored Contributor

Re: College Entrance Cheating Scandal - OMG!

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

I know a woman who married a guy who is a millionaire many times over. He inherited all of it. Never had a real job in his life. Consequently, she is now loaded and never has to work either. They live in secluded, gated communities and travel extensively. Their daughter just enrolled in an exclusivee boarding school. I wonder what message the daughter is getting not seeing her parents work and constantly living an extremely lavish yet insulated life where she really only interacts with super rich kids like herself. I often wonder how she will turn out as an adult. I'd have to think her world view is so different than most people's.

It depends on the boarding school.  Some are very good academically.  Some like the infamous boarding school in Switzerland that poor Princess Diana went to was pretty bad. It didn't have an entrance exam.   Diana was shockingly under educated.  She failed to complete her "0" Levels for university.  (In the UK "0" levels stand for ordinary grades. " A" levels meant college level entrance grades) She barely had middle school credits in Mathematics.  In that school she learned French and needle point and skiing  That school is now closed.   She knew she was badly educated and frankly admitted it. 

Honored Contributor

Diana's smarter than most, and certainly compassionate by nature. Her example helping such as aids even holding them transcended secular education. Today her charitable contributions continue through her children. Forever Diana⚘

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

A Class Action suit has already been filed by students who were denied admission because of this scandal. 

@Bri369   It's more of another slap against the schools involved in this mess.

Ultimately there are certain requirements to be accepted; we parents and grandparents are quite aware of what it takes for our children/grandchildren to get into their colleges of choice.

While I seriously doubt that there will be any $$ compensation as a result of this suit, it is still another way to keep those who missed out on the opportunity to attend as a reminder that you earn your way in life.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is entitled to something unearned.

And yes, we cannot say who would have been admitted but it will keep higher institutions on their greedy little toes from now on-because I seriously doubt that all the higher ups knew nothing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Lucky charm
"Remember when Lip was taking the SATs for other kids?"

*Life imitates art*.Woman Tongue

Remember how Frank got Liam into private school?whistling.gif

@Sweet_Serenity 
"Lifetime movie! Bet is already in production. Smiley Wink"
I bet "American Greed" beats them to it! Probably a 3 hour special by this coming Saturday. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

It depends on the boarding school.  Some are very good academically.  Some like the infamous boarding school in Switzerland that poor Princess Diana went to was pretty bad. It didn't have an entrance exam.   Diana was shockingly under educated.  She failed to complete her "0" Levels for university.  (In the UK "0" levels stand for ordinary grades. " A" levels meant college level entrance grades) She barely had middle school credits in Mathematics.  In that school she learned French and needle point and skiing  That school is now closed.   She knew she was badly educated and frankly admitted it. 

She's not a stellar student. Maybe they think going here will make her one? I don't know. I do know their orientation took place on a yacht.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm not sure where this topic became political??

From what I'm reading posters are disgusted by this-be it a CEO or an actress or some other rich person.

Rich and crimes are not selective so I thought the balance was just fine here.

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.  Perhaps I missed something??

Those posts were deleted @Cakers3 

What is funny is Lori and her husband contribute to conservative candidates, so I'm not sure why some are trying to make this political. It's obvious things like this occur on a wide scale regardless of political leanings. The common thread is massive amounts of money and sense of entitement.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

They are dusgusting human beings and teaching their children to be just like them. I hope they all get maximum sentences to discourage others from cheating, lying, and depriving deserving kids of educations at the most prestigious universities. Those kids actually worked hard, sacrificed and got the good grades necessary for entrance into those institutions. If they all don’t get stiff sentences, it will send a message to the American public that it’s ok to bribe, cheat and steal educations from deserving kids. Because if you’re rich you can buy your not-so-bright kid an education from harvard, but when they graduate, they will still be not so bright😜

Esteemed Contributor

Felicity has made her political views known, but on the opposite end of the spectrum.  So one could say this is a bipartisan issue!

Trusted Contributor

It was reported this AM that Loris daughter was on vacay in the Caribbean on an allegedly 100 million dollar private yacht owned by the USC Board of Trustees for spring break. Earlier it had been announced on news stations that the President of USC was present, however, I can not find a written news report attributing to the veracity of that particular claim.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Felicity has made her political views known, but on the opposite end of the spectrum.  So one could say this is a bipartisan issue!

There’s no reason this is a,

-political issue,

-religious issue,

-gender issue,

-racial issue,

-cultural issue,

etc

etc

etc.

Criminals are criminals.