Super Contributor

Re: College Entrance Cheating Scandal - OMG!

The thing that really bothers me with all of this cheating is that the parents of these children think so little of them to succeed that they the parents have to cheat for them.  They have such little faith in their parenting of their children as well that maybe just maybe they can do well or better yet do their own work to prove themselves.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@momtochloe   Wow, so the colleges tipped to the Feds? Interesting. Thanks   Smiley Happy

I thought it was a (fake) charity set up by Singer to help launder the monies they were trying to get a tax deduction off but wasnt sure.

@SeaGal I don't know if the colleges themselves tipped off the government or if it was discovered via another path (maybe IRS audit or someone complained about the foundation to the feds and they started looking into them).  Even after sleeping on it I still can't believe how upset I am about this whole thing.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

This is the first time I've heard of the Admissions people  also involved.   Lori & Felicity are getting all the heat ... woud love to know who the other parents are!   Print their names!

@Tinkrbl44 

Here’s a re-print of the names (effective 3/16):

70247540-5920-4DC6-A8DB-8E59C1C34835.jpeg

B2CF8793-74AC-4508-9BF1-86B7FF7480BB.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I hope they do jail time.  Just giving them a fine will not help since they already have more money than sense.  What a horrible example to set for their children.  

Trusted Contributor

How stupid were these parents?  There is no other word I can think of to describe them.  Their kids, being the children of wealthy people, would have had a leg up in the world anyway - any college would have sufficed.  If they couldn't get in on merit - or their parents' names on the application form - why waste the money? 

Honored Contributor

Affluenza will get you whatever you want.  Need a get-out-of-jail card?  Need college acceptance?  Need a very light sentence for a huge crime?  Need a politician in your pocket?  Just show the cash.  Sadly, judges, politicians, and so many people everywhere think it's ok.  

Honored Contributor

Does anyone think that the trial's will be televised? 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Does anyone think that the trial's will be televised? 

Given their money and fame, I wonder if it'll even get to trial.  It's easy for the rich to to get out of consequences for their crimes these days.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal  I read somewhere that a teacher started a investigation about the student who got accepted for her rowing abilities when she had none.

Honored Contributor

Be assured there will be numerous "fake news" reporting. Check the source for information on any and all reporting. Some media can't be trusted.