Honored Contributor

Colleen McCullough, creator of "The Thorn Birds", has died

How I loved it. Didn't we all? Who can ever forget Meggie & Father Ralph (who will forever look like Richard Chamberlain).

Two things I've learned from her obituary: She was a neuroscientist before she started writing. The paperback rights to "The Thorn Birds" sold for a record-setting amount, at the time.

She was 77 years old.

Honored Contributor

Re: Colleen McCullough, creator of "The Thorn Birds", has died

Loved the book and the mini series...

Super Contributor

I also loved the book and the miniseries. I didn't know that she was a neuroscientist. I used to have a crush on Richard Chamberlain since his Dr Kildare days.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.wub}I loved the book and mini-series too! If I was surfing the channels and found it, I would watch it again! It would make a good binge watching session to see the entire series all together.

Super Contributor

Loved the book and the miniseries. She was quite talented.
Trusted Contributor

Loved both the book and movie. I hated it when they did a sequel to the mini-series, it was awful. I think they added storylines that were never in the book.

I loved Richard Chamberlain. I think the casting for the original movie was perfect. They all played the parts from the book so wonderfully. I just loved Meggie, she went through so much.

I think that at one time, the story did not sit well with some of the Catholic faith.

I hope they reair the mini-series sometime soon.

Honored Contributor

I recently finished her latest novel Bittersweet.

Honored Contributor

Just thinking about Ralph and Meggie gives me goosebumps!!

Super Contributor

Loved when they met at the beach for a week...so romantic{#emotions_dlg.wub} JMO, a classic for it's timeSmile It may be time to try and find it to watch again...{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

This was my first "Book of the Month Club" purchase when I was 21. I remember pre-ordering the novel and waiting anxiously to receive it. Well, it didn't disappoint. Her writing was so exquisite, so breathtakingly beautiful. I felt transported to the Outback and read it cover to cover in one sitting. I cherish it to this day and re-read it often.

Godspeed, Ms McCullough. Thank you for sharing your gift.