Valued Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek Files Bankruptcy Stores Closing

Well, that pretty much leaves me with Chico's and Talbot's. I hope those two can hang on; I'm starting to worry about what's going to be left for women in their middle-to-late years. I've no desire to shop where the twenty-somethings do.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

I too loved their jeans...but had noticed you had to try on every pair...same size...same sku #... different fit. Stores have to have consistency. I wish they had found it because I really love their jeans and tops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 croemer said:

I too loved their jeans...but had noticed you had to try on every pair...same size...same sku #... different fit. Stores have to have consistency. I wish they had found it because I really love their jeans and tops.

croemer: I just got back and bought 2 prs. jeans - same style. I was surprised to get 2 in petite. But I had to try on 5 different styles to get these. No petites in crops and I tried on a regular just to see if the length wouldn't be too bad and they didn't fit (too small!!) I figured the same size in reg or petite would fit except for length.

The manager said that the liquidation sale starts on May 7th. She also said they are looking at Sept. for the final closing.

I felt bad for the cashiers - one lady worked there for 10 years.

Valued Contributor

A friend went by our local store today and they said they would most likely be closed by the end of May. That is a shame -- there are some nice ladies working there.

The clothes have gone down in quality while prices continue to rise.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Valued Contributor

I just got back from visiting my one remaining Coldwater Creek store - I used to have three within easy driving distance; two closed last year so I've been down to just one (the one furthest from me, as luck would have it.)

Did manage to get three pairs of the knit jeans, plus a very pretty turquoise cardigan and a little navy T-shirt. That will probably do it for my farewell haul - although the manager did tell me that they are still receiving new items from the warehouse, and will be for a while yet. She also said that customers have been calling her, asking about the jeans especially, and that she expected those to be the first to go. So if you're interested in any of the jeans, I wouldn't wait, but there might be other items that may interest you if you still like the store at all.

So sorry to see the operation winding down, and some of my favorite sales associates looking at unemployment - I have my fingers crossed for all of them. I'll miss the store for sentimental reasons as well - I started shopping there during a very good time in my life, and I have a lot of pleasant memories associated with it.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Valued Contributor

I stopped in my local CC today. Got another blouse that I love and a couple other things. None of the usual women were working there -- weird. Also the clerk told me that chances are they will be gone by 5/7. She said all emails from the company refer to 5/7 for things.

Ahead of me was a lady with a Groupon -- they are not honoring the Groupon or her status as an Elite customer (she should have gotten an extra 5% discount for that). The customer was not happy about that.

My receipt says items can be returned in 120 days or May 7, 2014 -- whichever comes first!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...