Honored Contributor

Re: Cold rainy weather for weeks/months now!

As long as there’s no flooding, I love the rain. The more the better. I’ll take it any day over triple digits and wildfires and drought.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove  The DC meteorological 'community' should be shipped out en masse... Overall, they're an embarrassment to what, in my view, is already a dicey 'profession'... Overbearing and given way too much air-time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Mid Atlantic, South.

We have exceeded our 100 year record for rain.

Feel that I may sprout moss momentarily.

Global climate change - An unfortunate truth.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ScarletDove  The DC meteorological 'community' should be shipped out en masse... Overall, they're an embarrassment to what, in my view, is already a dicey 'profession'... Overbearing and given way too much air-time...

@stevieb  Needless to say, you really got that comment right!  "...Overbearing and given way too much air-time...."  AMEN!

Trusted Contributor

I'm in upstate NY (about an hour south of Syracuse) and our spring has also been miserable...lots of rain and below normal temps for this time of year. 

We're scheduled to have our deck painted and are waiting, waiting, waiting as the painters can't come due to all the rainy days.  We've had nice days but they are far and few between....no sunny warm days that are two, three or four days in a row.  Not too many years ago we had a very cool, rainy summer.  If that happens this year, I will cry!  Our winters are too long to have practically no summer when it's supposed to be summer!!

Honored Contributor

Waiting for handyman to power wash house and pest control people to spray for spiders, bees, and wasps. With the rain they are soooo far behind. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@steviebyes!  And always incorrect.

Yeah - I'm talking about you, Doug Kammerer and Chuck Bell. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

If I looked I might have already posted here.  This rainy, damp, cold weather in Northern Va/DC area is the bane of my existence.  I'm ready to go crazy!

I haven't left my house (today's Monday (4:00PM) since Friday at 1:00PM!  

All I do when it rains and is cloudy is hibernate.  I've been that way since I was a kid.  My daughter called yesterday for Mother's Day and said they were going into DC to the museums and doing dinner....did I want to go!

I said, "Hummm....I'm your mom.  You KNOW how I hibernate when it rains".  Ha!  Today I've received 2 calls from friends about lunch and coming over.

I'm like, "Did you think I was kidding when I said, 'I don't leave my house and don't even like to talk on the phone?"  It's not feeling depressed.  It's just that I don't have the energy and I enjoy being alone when it's rainy weather.

The irony is I have a younger daughter who absolutely loves dark, rainy weather.  She lives in Colorado where they have as much as 300 days of sunshine.

She keeps asking me to move there with her.  She knows that sunshine is appealing.  Ha!

Valued Contributor

SAME HERE IN MY PART OF PA   LOTS OF FARMS HERE ALL UNDER WATER   HAVE HEAT ON . TIME TO BUILD A BOAT OR DIG A BIG WHOLE FOR A SWIMMING POOL LOL

Valued Contributor

I'll take the rain over what's waiting for us on the other side of this weather...HOT! HUMID! nasty summer weather.  I can't stand the heat especially when it's humid.

I'm actually hoping that we'll have a rainy, cool summer as we did a number of years ago.

I know I won't be making any friends here. Oh well!!!

Why not just make the most of what is being dealt to us right now and when the time comes we'll enjoy the warm weather until the snow comes and we'll once again start complaining.