Honored Contributor

Re: Cold rainy weather for weeks/months now!

It's not snow, it's not flooding yet........this rain is the new name for Spring, I'm guessing.  It's not what most of us want this time of year, but it could be worse.

Trusted Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:
So discouraging! Our spring/summer season is so short and then to have such nasty weather everyday......

I honestly think it has been raining since last October non stop.  Today it is 44 degrees and I actually had to put the heat on.  Very discouraging....   

Respected Contributor

@Winkk 

@Winkk wrote:

I live in the Philly suburbs and I can't remember the last time we had an entire week of sunshine.  It's either been cloudy and/or raining or snowing.

One of several reasons we moved from Chester County       to Santa Fe in August.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in California, and it's supposed to rain this week.

Ugh!

I want sunshine!

I think that the weather is in a state of chaos due to all of the pollutants in the atmosphere. Everything is off kilter and out of whack.

I am hoping that with the late season rain, that we won't have any huge wildfires this year,

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

It’s in the 50s and rainy here. It’s supposed to be in the 70s. I am sooooooo tired of it. Rain rain go away come again another day! ☂ ☔️

Trusted Contributor

same feelings here....but when I think of the forest fires/drought in CA, I will take the rain. Just took some lighter tops out but back in sweater today Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Seems to me that the weather in the mid-atlantic (and, from what one sees, virtually everywhere...) has been, more or less, in a really wet, nasty pattern since the fall of 2017... The experience here was more than reasonable rainfall througout all last year, including an especially nasty summer season, and it appears the pattern hasn't quite lost its grip. We've had some reasonably nice spring days in my area this year, but the last few days have been dreary, chilly, rainy, damp and all around qwappy... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here in the DC suburbs, last week cloudy with showers, we had all-day rain again yesterday and now today...tomorrow, chilly and cloudy....this is getting to be a bit much....not able to work in yard due to continuing wetness, and the crop plus variety of weeds this Spring is awful!  And the basic weather and forecasting ability has been stinking for the last couple years!  They got it wrong all winter predicting storms with inches of snow, schools close to be safe and more often than not, we get none or just a dusting--how many times this foolishness occurred I cannot recall--always a sense of "over-reacting" to any snow of any kind...they predict snow showers or dusting and we get inches....

Respected Contributor

We've already had our yearly average precipitation here in the desert and it's only the middle of May.  Our annual precip is around 4 inches and we're now just over that.  There's rain in the forecast again this week and monsoon season doesn't start until mid summer.

Esteemed Contributor

No Spring here either in PA.

Constant rain on and off for at least 5 out of 7 days each week.

#GOAWAYRAIN