Esteemed Contributor

@IndiaRose wrote:

How do you wage a war without colateral damage?  What do you think?

Simple answer, in "war" there is always colateral damage. With the technology of today it can be much smaller than say WWII, but it cannot be totally eliminated.

That is what I think. Now a question for you. Colateral damage here or in Syria? Which do you prefer?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

our  leaders did not listen.  

Is this leader listening? If so, to whom is he listening?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

You don't.  Until we accept the idea of mass casualties the way we did in WW II with 10,000 or more dead in a single day, we've essentially surrendered.  ISIS nearly got nuclear material a few weeks ago, Iran already has it, and we whine about someone using a word we don't like.  

Let the military do what they have to do and keep the politicians from micromanaging.  Their record has stunk since WW II in that area.  

Absolutely!  Anyone want a dentist to do brain surgery on them? Leave Military decisions to those leaders in the Military, not a politician. They know war from reading books about them. Those wearing "Military Birds or Stars" on their uniforms have seen it "Up Close and Personal".

I have read many books on invasive heart procedures and even watched one being done on me. Anyone willing to let me give it a go on their heart?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

You don't.  Until we accept the idea of mass casualties the way we did in WW II with 10,000 or more dead in a single day, we've essentially surrendered.  ISIS nearly got nuclear material a few weeks ago, Iran already has it, and we whine about someone using a word we don't like.  

Let the military do what they have to do and keep the politicians from micromanaging.  Their record has stunk since WW II in that area.  

Absolutely!  Anyone want a dentist to do brain surgery on them? Leave Military decisions to those leaders in the Military, not a politician. They know war from reading books about them. Those wearing "Military Birds or Stars" on their uniforms have seen it "Up Close and Personal".

I have read many books on invasive heart procedures and even watched one being done on me. Anyone willing to let me give it a go on their heart?

hckynut(john)

**************  NO Thanks!   Good point.  Way too much politics going on to get anything accomplished.  Way too many people who know nothing about war.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Colateral damage

[ Edited ]

@Maudelynn wrote:

When we stop paying attention to collteral damage, weighing the risks and rewards of wiping out thousands of innocents, we become EXACTLY like those we wish to inhialate.

REALLY! So our military will begin beheading/burying children alive and lighting people in cages on fire? 

I see your comparison of any and everyone that has ever worn a  United States Military Uniform as an insult to all of them, of which I am one.

DISGUSTING!!!!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Better there than here!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

hckynut(john

hckynut(john)

----------------------------------

This leader is listening to his "Yes men"!  He is so far out of his element.  I wonder what the next year will bring to the US!  Scary thoughts....

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

One of the reasons the French took their planes with bombs to the air this weekend was that they have no "rules of engagement" to prevent them from bombing inside the city that is the home of ISIS like we do. We are only allowed to bomb in the countryside to avoid collateral damage, so ISIS just moved their hqs and munitions inside the city. Fortunately, our engagement rules allow us to provide any friendly country will b**lls with the strategic info needed for success.

Anyone who thinks the Middle East would be Storybook Land today but for US efforts to take out Sadam and Gadaffi are mistaken. The Islamists have had a goal for a thousand years to rule the world and force everyone to live under Sharia Law. Peace in the Middle East is an oxymoron, has been for ever.

Not to mention the mass graves of thousands Kurds brutally murdered 

Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

When we stop paying attention to collteral damage, weighing the risks and rewards of wiping out thousands of innocents, we become EXACTLY like those we wish to inhialate.

REALLY! So our military will begin beheading/burying children alive and lighting people in cages on fire? 

I see your comparison of any and everyone that has ever worn a  United States Military Uniform as an insult to all of them, of which I am one.

DISGUSTING!!!!

hckynut(john)

Clearly you need to re-read my post, which said nothing about beheading, burning or anything else of the sort.  Nor did I say anything about anyone serving/having served in the US military.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

DISGUSTING!!!!

hckynut(john)

Clearly you need to re-read my post, which said nothing about beheading, burning or anything else of the sort.  Nor did I say anything about anyone serving/having served in the US military.

Well, @Maudelynn, you didn't have to SAY it, you IMPLIED it when you said "we become EXACTLY like those we wish to inhialate (sic)." 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop