Honored Contributor

She was a true and respected journalist.  RIP

Super Contributor

Thanks for the notice. I always wondered about her first name origin:

Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Roberts, best known as Cokie Roberts

Honored Contributor

May this respected journalist and woman rest in peace.

Very saddened to hear of this.

Honored Contributor

Oh she was wonderful.  I cannot think of the 80's and the Reagan years without her and Peter, Sam, Ted and dear Frank Reynolds. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cokie Roberts passes

[ Edited ]

Wow she was and still is a well respected and legendary journalist.  I always loved her name Cokie...so catchy.  I can see why now her real name is super long.

RIP

Respected Contributor

re her nickname, i read this:

Thomas Hale Boggs Sr. and Lindy Boggs had three other children; the oral history says that Cokie’s real name is Corinne, but her well-known nickname came from her brother, Tommy, because he couldn’t pronounce it when he was a kid.

Cokie was a good role model in her early years when she was a journalist, a real reporter. she did then turn to commentary often with her husband, Steve of NYT.

she seemed quite interested in history of American women - and wrote several books on same.

sorry about her breast cancer.  

Honored Contributor

Oh no! I really like and respected her so much. I loved her on the McLaughlin Report and Meet the Press. That is so sad. She was a true journalist, a dying breed. 

Respected Contributor

I am saddened to learn about the passing away of Cokie Roberts.  Trusted and respected and a true trail blazer.

Esteemed Contributor

Cokie Roberts was one of two of my all time favorites of public radio and television, along with the late Gwen Ifill of PBS.

Honored Contributor

Heard this early this a.m. So sorry to hear this, I've always liked her so much.