Frequent Contributor

Re: Coffee suggestions? for a gift

Here is my suggestion having done something similar in the past. Buy a combination K cup pack. One that has different coffees in it, so that he can try some different flavors and brands. Keurig has one on their site and I have seen it too at Bed Bath & Beyond. If you don’t like that, you can also buy some smaller K cups of Starbucks, Timothy’s or other famous brand coffees and just select a French Roasr, a dark roast and maybe a hot cocoa or light roast or a flavor. Coffee lovers love coffee and he will appreciate it all. You can add some fun things like nice travel mugs or even some biscotti. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  There are Starbucks pods for the Keurig--variety packs or one variety.  The have blonde, medium, and dark roasts.  If he likes really strong, robut coffee the dark roast is good.  I think they might have their holiday blend coffee in pods as well.  One is gingerbread and one is peppermint.

I'm a tea drinker but I do like an occasional cup of Starbucks, and I do buy the holiday blends at this time of year. 

If he likes Dunkin Donuts coffee they have the pods for Keurig as well.  Some of my friends that use Keurig swear by Peet's coffee pods.  Think they might be a west coast company--Seattle maybe.

That's a very nice idea for a present for your brother.  You could get some of those chocolate dipped spoons and an extra "my K cup" for him that he can use to fill with coffee that is his own choice.

If you google Keurig pods online you will find a plethora of sites to order from and lots of flavors/brands from which to choose.

Good luck in your search

Honored Contributor

It's gift, so stay away from the Maxwell House and store brands.  You want to give him something special that he might not buy for hisself.  When he sips it in the morning, he'll think of you.  Go to the Keurig website and pick out some Kcups in a  nice flavor that you think he'll like.  There are a ton of flavors.  Someone gave me Southern Pecan and Cinnabon as thank you gift.  It was a perfect gift!

Valued Contributor

I would try TJ Maxx. I found my Illy coffee there. 

Honored Contributor

I love coffee and have a coffee maker that uses the Keurig type pods.  I wouldn't want a random blend of coffee though.  I like french roast.  I would find out what he likes and get the same thing.  I've tried different blends and just don't like them.  I don't like flavored coffee at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I love coffee and have a coffee maker that uses the Keurig type pods.  I wouldn't want a random blend of coffee though.  I like french roast.  I would find out what he likes and get the same thing.  I've tried different blends and just don't like them.  I don't like flavored coffee at all.

Have you tried amazons french roast? I like dark roast also ,it is not bitter ,i really like it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh  I order all of my coffee from Keurig.Com. They have a lot of coffees that you can get samples of 5 or 6 k-cups  per type. Different blends, flavors and makers. They are having sales now and they ship really fast. I usually get my orders within 3 days.

Honored Contributor

@Dominosmom wrote:

Look in the supermarket or Bed Bath and Beyond for Starbucks K cups. DH loves french roast.

@Dominosmom- thanks. He drinks plenty of Starbucks and it’s readily found. I’m looking for something unusual, not found everywhere. I appreciate the suggestion though. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Favorite brand: Green Mountain
Fav flavor: cinnamon sugar cookie
Available amazon, Target etc. or direct.
Super Contributor

I’m a devout coffee drinker, but only enjoy certain roasts.  So my best suggestion would be to try to find out if he likes a light, medium or dark roast.  From there you can look at the k-cups and tell if you think it’s something he might like.

A lot of people have suggested Bed Bath and Beyond and I totally agree that you can find a wide variety of k-cups there.

You might want to include one or two liquid flavorings, such as Hazelnut or Caramel. How about flavored creamers?  Perhaps include a couple of muffins or cookies.  Anything that goes with coffee will round out the gift basket and make it something special.  A new travel mug might be nice.  

If he doesn’t use the Keurig exclusively and still brews a pot of coffee if opens up a lot of options.

Hope i’ve offered a suggestion or two that you might use!