Trusted Contributor

Re: Coffee Mate Creamer Shortage -- Say it Ain't So!!!

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@candyagain   I ordered a refill package of the foaming Sweet Water last night for $5.99.

I also ordered the gel in SW, too, because that's what we have in our master bath.

But I prefer the foamy for the kids because they hit that  pump and the gel just flies right over their little hands and directly into he sink!  The foam doesn't and it's easy for them to scrub and rinse off and not waste.

Are you noticing the weird brands of hand soaps at the grocery store?  I'm not even seeing Soft Soap, Mrs. Meyers or the store brands.  Just weird off brands that are usually imported.  Yuck.

@candyagain wrote:

The random shortages are annoying. I've used Method Sweet Water foaming hand cleanser for years. Very sensitive skin, even the heavier scented versions of foaming Method irritate my skin. None to be found on the shelves, super market, drug stores, any where.

I was able to score some on line, a single bottle and then -- jackpot -- a carton of 6 bottles. Well, the single purchase was the hand soap. The 6 pack were huge bottles of the dish detergent which is not foaming.

After I ran out of the hand soap I tried some of the dish detergent. Whoa, it's the same just not as diluted as the foaming version. I use less and add a little water as I scrub. Good til the next shortage.

Yes, and some of the shortages are strange. I am addicted to Diet 7Up. No problem buying until two weeks ago when all versions of it disappeared from the shelves of all my local stores....really? All other diet sodas were there just not Diet 7Up.

The Method dish soap is the gel, a little stronger but not much. I like the foaming because it doesn't soak into my skin which is sensitive to most perfumed or medicated hand soaps. I've purchased the refill packs, too. But they were sold out everywhere recently.

Also, I wonder where all the exotic hand soaps now showing up came from? All heavily perfumed and some are looking kind of ancient. Who's been buying them all this time?

I've used a version of Meyer's hand soap at a friiend's house. It was very mild. When I went to buy that....disappeared.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddie wrote:

I know how it feels not to be able to get your favorite creamer! My coffee is one of my favorite times of the day. 

I have a recipe for making your own creamer, minus all the weird stuff that’s in the store bought kind. You can alter it to make different flavors. 

I always thought non-dairy creamers, like Coffeemate, were not the healthiest things to consume. But I guess if it's not overdone then that might not be so bad. I like to use whole milk powder in my coffee, the Nido brand.

Honored Contributor

I went to the store yesterday,walked by all the creamers,they have it here in maine.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

That's my favorite flavor also - sugar-free Italian Sweet Cream.  I live in NJ and I even looked up the Coffee-Mate website and it is completely out of stock in my area.  I think that sugar-free hazelnut and vanilla might still be available in small supplies. 

Hope the sugar free varieties come back soon.

Beauty, I'm glad I am not the only one jonesing for some Italian Sweet Cream. I did contact Nestle and they advised it would be back on the shelves in about 3 weeks, but did not elaborate as to why.

They light-heartedly suggested I try another of their flavors, but....I DON'T LIKE any of their other flavors. LOL.

I was impressed at the 6 pages of comments Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

There were a few of the bigger bottles of Sweet Cream at the Walmart today ...No sugar free though...(which is what I am hopefully waiting for)!...

If they ever get it in there will be a stampede for it!..lol

Honored Contributor

If I can't have half-n-half, I totally skip coffee.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I have checked in two stores this week and it isn't on the shelf.

There must of been a problem with it since it seems to be pretty popular.  I just tried the caramel latte flavor and like it.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

If I can't have half-n-half, I totally skip coffee.

@SurferWife  You should see my fridg!...I have been trying to "mix flavors" to re-create my Italian Sweet Cream!  It looks like my Wen "mix up" bottles in the shower!..Woman LOL

Good thing you are a half-n-half girl, hopefully no shortage!..Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@gaffmedic -- I know!  Six pages of responses!   People (especially me) really feel strongly about their morning coffee. 

I reluctantly tried the sugar free pumpkin spice flavor and I must say, it's growing on me.  Also, I've been able to find sugar free peppermint mocha which I like.

When Italian Sweet Cream reappears, I may have to hoard!!

I guess if this is the worst of my problems I'm doing okay!!!