Trusted Contributor

Re: Coffee Mate Creamer Shortage -- Say it Ain't So!!!

They may outsource the ingredients from another country and are unable to get it now because of Covid. Diet Coke had a supply issue months ago because they get their artificial sweetener from China. 

The same was said for toilet paper. The final product may be made in America but the raw source materials come from China and the pandemic put a strain on everything.

Regular Contributor

I like the SF Italian Sweet Cream too.  None in northern CA.  (Least of our problems right now though.)  Anyway, it seems on Coffee Mate's Facebook page that CM stated on 9/6 that it may be out of stock for about a month.  FYI.

Valued Contributor

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!  Help!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I'm in Missouri and buy a few bottles of Coffee Mate creamer every week. I haven't noticed a shortage, although I mainly buy Hazelnut or Vanilla Cinnamon. I'm going to my local grocer tomorrow, so I'll check and see if there is any sweet Italian cream - I'm curious now!

-----------------

The cinnamon is my favorite creamer ever.  But I do have a tough time finding it here.  Every once in awhile, Wal Mart has it but not often!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Is anyone experiencing a Coffee Mate shortage in their area?  Here in So Florida -- where I drink coffee with sugar-free Italian Sweet Cream Coffee mate every morning -- I can't find it anywhere.  None of the stores have the sugar free version.  Is this happening anywhere else?

@Beauty Maven 

I have found Coffeemate to be too watery.   Walmart and Safeway have very good generic sugar free creamers.  Or use International something or other.   There are at least a few other sugar free options, all better than Coffeemate, so experiment a little.  JMO.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beauty MavenLOL... I know, I’m not diet sugar restricted so I go for the sweets...lol. I’ve tried the sugar free but it’s not the same! Same with alternative brands, the best  so far is the brand from Lucky/Albertsons, Lucerne's; Italian sweet cream. Locally, websites state Dollar General has them! The search continues.... Its smoky here but I’m going...stay golden......

Valued Contributor

Due to more people working or attending school from home, certain items are more in demand and the manufacturers/grocers either haven't caught on yet or production hasn't caught up.  For example, people aren't swinging by a coffee shop or the office cafeteria.  They are making their own coffee at home, and buying all the necessary goodies like flavored creamer.  I have noticed lunch fixings and frozen meals in shorter supply too.  People aren't going out for lunch or to the office/school cafeteria but, rather, making their own sandwich or a "Lean Cuisine."

Esteemed Contributor

That’s what happened to toilet paper, people were staying home more.
I can’t find caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper anywhere. Sale dates on diet items aren’t as good as regular ones.
I think companies are cutting stock.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm relieved I don't have to worry about a Coffee-Mate shortage. The last time I used any flavored creamer...like Baily's and ID brands too was around October/November of 2018.

DH and I started a low carb/keto lifestyle back on 9/7/2018. I remember it took me about 4-6 weeks to finally ween myself off of them. Boy, are they addictive! I started using them when I was about 18...so 40 years! Oy...LOL

Now I just add heavy whipping cream and/or ocassionally a little pad of unsalted butter to my coffee. We also buy 'mostly' flavored coffee now, so we aren't missing out on our fave flavors/variety.

Trusted Contributor

The random shortages are annoying. I've used Method Sweet Water foaming hand cleanser for years. Very sensitive skin, even the heavier scented versions of foaming Method irritate my skin. None to be found on the shelves, super market, drug stores, any where.

I was able to score some on line, a single bottle and then -- jackpot -- a carton of 6 bottles. Well, the single purchase was the hand soap. The 6 pack were huge bottles of the dish detergent which is not foaming.

After I ran out of the hand soap I tried some of the dish detergent. Whoa, it's the same just not as diluted as the foaming version. I use less and add a little water as I scrub. Good til the next shortage.