Respected Contributor

Cocktails at the jewelry store?

Today I went to a jewelry store I’ve never been to. I needed a lot of watch batteries and found the place by accident while driving around. I’ve been driving around with a stash of dead watches for months, hoping for a convenient place to get them done. Found it! So I walk in after they buzzed me through the door and put in my request. While waiting for them to be done I’m just looking around, only a few other customers aside from me. After a while I notice a guy leaning on a counter and he seems to have a colorful drink he’s sipping on, then I noticed there is a full bar set up in the corner! I’ve never seen such a thing. Sure I’ve seen people having a champagne toast or something similar, but never a full bar with a lot of bottles of liquor. So funny. And funnier it took me at least 15 minutes to notice LoL. I wonder what is the deal with that. It’s a very nice jewelry store and they had a lot of expensive looking merchandise. Maybe a free cocktail with every purchase? I didn’t qualify with my watch batteries purchase, too bad.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cocktails at the jewelry store?

That sounds fantastic and very Mad Men - esque.

Hopefully no one jumps in the car and drives, being over the alcohol limit.

Honored Contributor

our local fine jewelry stores offer any type of cocktails, drink, wine, beer, sodas, bottled water.....you can ask them or they will ask you while you are browsing or waiting, they will give you a koozie if you have a bottle or can.

they bake fresh davids cookies in the store daily.

they often have old fashioned popcorn machines to pop popcorn.

sometimes they are serving hot dogs on game days.

its definitely a shopping experience i enjoy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Alcohol loosens peopel up and may make someone more likely to make a purchase.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx    I was waiting to pick up a necklace I was having repaired at a local jeweler.    I asked the clerk to show me a pair of sapphire stud earrings..........and she said, "YOU can't afford those".     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

WOW!  I don't know what you do with that!!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Some women's boutiques also serve drinks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

our local fine jewelry stores offer any type of cocktails, drink, wine, beer, sodas, bottled water.....you can ask them or they will ask you while you are browsing or waiting, they will give you a koozie if you have a bottle or can.

they bake fresh davids cookies in the store daily.

they often have old fashioned popcorn machines to pop popcorn.

sometimes they are serving hot dogs on game days.

its definitely a shopping experience i enjoy.

Holy cow! What’s next, free massages?  That is crazy funny. I’d be buying jewelry daily LOL.

Respected Contributor

How totally inappropriate but then nothing really surprises me today!  Ever notice on QVC kitchen shows certain hosts talk about cocktails and drinks.....totally inappropriate!

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Today I went to a jewelry store I’ve never been to. I needed a lot of watch batteries and found the place by accident while driving around. I’ve been driving around with a stash of dead watches for months, hoping for a convenient place to get them done. Found it! So I walk in after they buzzed me through the door and put in my request. While waiting for them to be done I’m just looking around, only a few other customers aside from me. After a while I notice a guy leaning on a counter and he seems to have a colorful drink he’s sipping on, then I noticed there is a full bar set up in the corner! I’ve never seen such a thing. Sure I’ve seen people having a champagne toast or something similar, but never a full bar with a lot of bottles of liquor. So funny. And funnier it took me at least 15 minutes to notice LoL. I wonder what is the deal with that. It’s a very nice jewelry store and they had a lot of expensive looking merchandise. Maybe a free cocktail with every purchase? I didn’t qualify with my watch batteries purchase, too bad.

@Grouchomarx...You were a paying customer so I think while you were waiting for your watches, they would have given you a glass of wine if you asked. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam