Honored Contributor

Re: Coach - popular TV show with Craig T. Nelson coming back

beamme: Good idea, (it would be interesting, with perhaps a few of Coach's 'dates', etc.), if Shelly doesn't want to play her original role. Hoping she does, though. Well, I'm now undecided, as your idea is really a good one. He could be divorced instead.........maybe Shelly making a few guest appearances as the 'ex'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I am NOT a senior citizen and loved "Coach"! However, I did lose interest in the show, when they moved to Florida.

Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 beammeupscottie said:

If Shelley can't or doesn't want to return to the show, maybe they will have Coach come back as a widower. I remember when Diana Hyland passed away IRL they had her character(Joan Bradford) on 8 is Enough die also.

As a widower, the show could have many new storylines.

scottie - what a great idea! The producers need to listen to you! I would rather see that if Shelley can't return, rather than his being divorced or having someone else play Christine. He'd be funny in the dating pool - like Tommy Lee Jones in Man of the House, one of our favorites! Maybe "Kelly" could be on once in a while too.

spud188 - that's so great! I'll bet your DH has lots of stories! Smile

Honored Contributor

If I were a TV series writer, I would definitely, always be reading these threads/posts/ideas!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

If Shelley can't or doesn't want to return to the show, maybe they will have Coach come back as a widower. I remember when Diana Hyland passed away IRL they had her character(Joan Bradford) on 8 is Enough die also.

Hi scottie: That's a good idea - I can't imagine somebody else besides Shelley in that role.

Coach was a funny show; and it's on Netflix, too. In fact, we watched a few episodes last week.

Craig T. Nelson is a riot; and I love him in Parenthood, too.

Respected Contributor

On 3/28/2015 Cakers1 said:

Hi scottie: That's a good idea - I can't imagine somebody else besides Shelley in that role.

Coach was a funny show; and it's on Netflix, too. In fact, we watched a few episodes last week.

Craig T. Nelson is a riot; and I love him in Parenthood, too.

Hi Cakers. I should check out a few of those episodes. I have seen a couple of them that I just happened across and thought it was pretty good. Nelson is a hoot.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Interesting. Programming specifically intended for senior citizens. What comes next? The Return of Love Boat...

Classic tv shows have been perpetually in syndication so it has absolutely nothing to do with a viewer's age. That's how I've discovered some of them, seeing the shows now on the "retro" channels. They have a new audience from a different generation. My guess is that some of the re-airings have garnered good ratings, today, and that's why producers are interested in using them as inspiration for new shows. In my opinion, it's nice to see someone developing something other than more cheap reality programming.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Those retro TV series sure bring back lots of memories. A time when folks weren't busy texting, talking on phones all day long. What a difference.............

Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 3/27/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Interesting. Programming specifically intended for senior citizens. What comes next? The Return of Love Boat...

Classic tv shows have been perpetually in syndication so it has absolutely nothing to do with a viewer's age. That's how I've discovered some of them, seeing the shows now on the "retro" channels. They have a new audience from a different generation. My guess is that some of the re-airings have garnered good ratings, today, and that's why producers are interested in using them as inspiration for new shows. In my opinion, it's nice to see someone developing something other than more cheap reality programming.

Amen X 3!