Super Contributor

Re: Coach - popular TV show with Craig T. Nelson coming back

According to Wikipedia Shelley F. had a life saving liver transplant in 2000.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The final episode also includes an epilogue showing that Hayden retired from coaching and moved back to his cabin in Minnesota to raise his son, with Christine being a working wife at a local station. Luther also retired and continued his relationship with Doris, building a Graceland style manor as tribute to his idol, Elvis Presley. Howard and Shirley sold their collection of rare Barbie dolls, using the capital to acquire and manage a successful dinner theatre in Florida. Dauber succeeded Hayden as the head coach of the Breakers, winning back-to-back Super Bowl championships and going on to join the Monday Night Football announcing team after his retirement from football. The final scene shows a 10-year old Tim having two friends who bear a striking resemblance to child versions of Dauber and Luther.

From WIkipedia.

I didn't remember the son either until remembering this final scene. Also, Shelley had a liver transplant in 2000.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

If you love Shelley Fabares as I do, check out her interview on YouTube about her illness. Reaaly interesting.
Super Contributor

(thought you meant the purse when I read the title),,,,glad it's coming back. always liked that show and really like CTNelson.

Respected Contributor

Hi beach-mom. I have only caught this show in re-run a couple of times. I think I would give the new one a try.

Honored Contributor

Never missed a week. It was one of the few that stayed really good through the entire run and knew when to say goodbye. Cannot wait.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I love Shelly F. in her Coach role. However, if she cannot re-play the role, any suggestions regarding a good replacement?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I am so happy to hear this news!! This one of those shows that the whole family loved and watched together!! Will be looking forward to it premier.

Esteemed Contributor

Husband loved that show. I thought it was just average.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

I love Shelly F. in her Coach role. However, if she cannot re-play the role, any suggestions regarding a good replacement?

Without a doubt JoBeth Williams. Smile

Seriously, as long as it is not someone who has tried to get several t.v. series going with no luck. Nancy Travis from Three Men and a Baby has been on several sitcoms but none lasted more than a couple of years. I would rather not see the same old faces from other nights and seasons.

Coach is too good for that.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."